Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'Nuff said?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Balaam's Ass

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
But, but, Mr. Ed was real.  Right?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Sometimes my ass seems to talk too, in fact I'm quite legendary for that trait in my family.  Never can quite make out the words, but some seem to have quite a few syllables.

Hopefully Jacob went on after the blessing to smite thousands of enemies, in His mercy, and killed everyone except, of course, for the women that they would have raped first and then killed.

You just gotta love those wonderful tales of genocidal slaughter ordered by an all-loving, spiteful, psychotic, short-tempered, all-merciful, vengeful God of love.

it almost makes me want to vote Repugnican.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
See, in England we make quite a distinction in pronunciation, which avoids any confusion. The animal remains ass, but the butt-end of the human torso become Ahh-sss. Try it - somehow it sound so much ruder!!!
:fi_lone_ranger:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

See, in England we make quite a distinction in pronunciation, which avoids any confusion. The animal remains ass, but the butt-end of the human torso become Ahh-sss. Try it - somehow it sound so much ruder!!!

I thought ARSE was the preferred terminology.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
That picture is really disturbing. That SOB whipping that donkey. How typical for christians to glorify cruelty. We had a donkey growing up. His name was "Custer" he loved kids and would walk very slowly when you loaded him up with two or three wee ones. The minute one would start to slip he'd stop dead in his tracks until they righted themselves. What a great little guy. We stole him out of some assholes pasture who was abusing him. (Yes that is called rustling and so the fuck what, right?) We finally gave him to a family that had seven children because all our little ones had grown up. I'm glad these bible stories are all bullshit or I might have to do something rash. I hate animal abusers. :snork_aber:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I thought ARSE was the preferred terminology.

Indeed, that is the correct spelling. However, the "R" is often silent (like the "P" in swimming pool.)

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
That is surely one of the oddest stories in the Bible, like something from the Twilight Zone, only scarier, since there's a big bad omnipotent God involved. And to think, people actually believe in the literal truth of such an absurdity!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
It's not so absurd.  Why, just this afternoon I was watching television and there was a dog giving away the family recipe for baked beans.  If Duke can sell beans, why can't a donkey speak Oxford English and communicate with angels?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hmm...you might just have a point, there!  :snork_blin:

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

It's not so absurd.  Why, just this afternoon I was watching television and there was a dog giving away the family recipe for baked beans.  If Duke can sell beans, why can't a donkey speak Oxford English and communicate with angels?

Perhaps they named animals back then based on the sounds they make, so that when he was abusing it, he thought it called him a jackass.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I hate when my ass is jacked.

devilman

devilman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationBelfast Northern Ireland
Poor horse seems to be saying "what the fuck!" lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users