Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ex-Christianity Website

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Hey all, I'm sure most of you are aware of this site already, but it's a great place for those who have been previously afflicted with the mind disease known as christianity to get away and "congregate" with others who are recovering as well. I've looked over the site, and it's got some great articles and forum, which I'm thinking of joining. What's great about the site, IMO, is that some members are atheists, some are agnostic, and some are still spiritual, but have given up formal religion, so it's a grab bag of different perspectives. Everyone agrees, however, that jeebus-loving is a load of bunk.

Ex-Christianity

I wish I had found this site sooner. I know that I still am recovering from some of the more harmful mental influences of being raised in a fundy church, and it's nice to know there are others out there (and here! :thumright:) who are struggling with the same things. I'm still looking for ex-Church-of-Christers....maybe I'll start my own website someday for those emerging from the "original jeebus cult."

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'm still looking for ex-Church-of-Christers....maybe I'll start my own website someday for those emerging from the "original jeebus cult."

I found this one at the wikipedia article on Church of Christ:

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/

I hope that helps!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I found this one at the wikipedia article on Church of Christ:

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/

I hope that helps!

While this site might be for people who have escaped the clutches of a specific Fundy cult, it seems they are still wallowing in superstition, albeit 4% less vitriolic perhaps.

True liberation is only achieved by throwing away all unsubstantiated superstitions and adopting a reality-based lifestyle.  And of course our good friend The Force has clearly accomplished that task :-) much to our joy.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Thank you for that link, Unbeliever. I didn't even consider looking in Wikipedia!

Yes, that site is along the general lines of what I'm looking for, but is still chock-full of religiosity. But, it's a start. From what I can tell, most people who frequent the forum there are still enmired in kristianity and sniping at each other about doctrinal interpretations (how ironic!). I'm going to post there and see if there are any other atheists....I think there are one or two. Fortunately, they seem pretty tolerant of opposing views (for kristians, anyway) and seem to settle disagreements in a very civil fashion (condescending "I'll pray for you!" remarks are forbidden :snork_lach:). We'll see how long I last... :smt077

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
By the time I posted it I was almost out of time, so I didn't get a chance to peruse it. Too bad they haven't yet seen the darkness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users