Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Religious Bullshit 'undermining fight to improve sexual health'

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
RIGHT-WING religious groups and political forces in the US and the Vatican are undermining attempts to improve sexual and reproductive health around the world, an Edinburgh professor claimed today.

Experts investigating problems of sexually transmitted disease, birth control and abortion claim that progress is being hampered by conservative moral crusaders.

Professor Anna Glasier, from Edinburgh University, one of the authors of a new report published online by The Lancet medical journal, said: "The bold fact is that the US has such a huge influence around the world. When it does something, it has a big impact.

"The problem is not so much that conservative forces are growing, but that the countries that have become more conservative are those with huge influence."

The Vatican also plays a major part in holding back progress, she said.

Her report points out that more than 120 million couples have an unmet need for contraception, 80 million women have unintended pregnancies, and an estimated 19 million women undergo unsafe abortions leading to 70,000 deaths.

(The Scotsman)

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I think the authorities believe the unborn are possible allies and collaborators, were as the different are killed for not being for the

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
It took a Scottish professor to figure that out? Hell, I knew years ago that the right-wingers were impeding progress in the field of reproductive health, and I expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Like I've always said.  Mandatory castration for anyone who joins a conservative Christian sect.  With a pair of bricks.  Hey, it only hurts if you get your fingers caught in between, and it would certainly prevent a lot of unwanted pregnancies.  Plus if they're so hell bent on interpreting the bible literally, they ought to know that Jesus recommended chopping off your balls to prevent sin (not really, mind you).

Of course all those high pitched voices can get annoying after a while.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I guess the Catholic heirarchy liked those high voices, they used to (?) castrate the boys in the choir so their voices wouldn't change so soon, as they got older. They were called Castrato.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users