Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Elected Atheist Contest
Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:49 PM
I would like to win this contest. Would all of you please PM me with your qualificatiions etc etc. so I can submit them?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entries must be received by the Secular Coalition for America (SCA) no later than December 31, 2006. To be eligible, entries must be completed and received on or by the closing date. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the SCA and the SCA is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted. Entries must be submitted electronically at the SCA website or via first-class mail using our offline entry form (.pdf) linked above. A complete entry contains: the name of the nontheist elected official, the office held, and the contestant's name, address, and contact information (telephone and e-mail). Only one entry is allowed per contestant.
2. The contest is open to residents of the United States of America over 18 years of age. Employees and directors of the SCA and its member organizations and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. Nontheist office holders identified by contestants must be currently holding federal, state, county, or municipal elected public office in the United States of America.
4. Entries will be reviewed by the SCA's panel of judges who shall have sole discretion in determining which entry or entries identify the highest ranking self-identified nontheist office holder. A letter will be requested by the SCA from the public official acknowledging that he or she is a nontheist.
5. It is recommended, but not required, that contestants provide information verifying the claim that any said elected office holder openly identifies as atheist, humanist, freethinker, or other nontheist descriptor. However, the SCA's judges have sole discretion in determining whether sufficient documentation exists to support claims that any particular office holder is a self-identified nontheist.
6. By submitting an entry, the contestant acknowledges the subjective nature of the various criteria being sought in this contest, and therefore all contestants implicitly agree that the SCA's judges shall have sole discretion in making the decision of which entry or entries identify the nontheist holding highest elected office. More specifically, the SCA's judges have sole discretion in determining whether each entry identifies an elected public office holder, whether the identified office holder is a nontheist, and whether the elected office of the office holder is higher or lower in status than that of other entries. The decision of the judges shall be final and not subject to further review.
7. The contest winner shall be announced on or about January 20, 2007. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium that the SCA may deem appropriate. The winner must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by the SCA acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules. The contest winner is solely responsible for all taxes that may be incurred.
8. Under no circumstances shall more than one prize be awarded. In the event of a tie (where, in the sole discretion of the judges, more than one contestant has identified a nontheist who is deemed to be the highest elected public office holder, or where various contestants identify two or more atheists holding two or more different offices deemed by the judges to be of equal level of status), the names of each of the tied contestants shall be pooled and one name shall be randomly drawn as the prize winner.
9. Contestants are not required to provide financial support to the SCA and providing a financial gift(s) to the SCA will not improve chances of winning.
10. The SCA reserves the right to alter any rules of the contest at any time and reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:07 PM
Darth Cheney worships two things; money, power, and water boarding innocent prisoners.
Darn! Darth Cheney worships three things; money, power, a fanatical devotion to Halliburton, and water boarding innocent prisoners.
Damn it! Among the things Darth Cheney worships are; money, power, a fanatical devotion to Halliburton, water boarding innocent prisoners, and his shares in ExxonMobil.
Oh, never mind.
Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:45 PM
Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:10 AM
It's Darth Cheney! Our Glorious Christian Leader is way too stupid to be an atheist, but Darth only worships one thing; money and power.
Darth Cheney PMed me with his qualifications.....but the sob wanted to share the $1000 with me, so he's off my list.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users