Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hanging Saddam

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
So, they're going to make a martyr of him. Could anything be more utterly stupid? A more unworthy martyr it would be hard to find; a nasty, evil, murdering bastard - but no more so than any one of several dozen other nasty evil murdering bastard presidents around the world (I name no names!) And one whom those who decided it was necessary to depose him once actively supported, even supplied with arms to carry out his nasty evil murdering crimes. As Rummy shook his hand, he was bombing ten kinds of shit out of the Kurds (whom we, the good old Brits, had bombed ten kinds of shit out of some eight decades earlier to force them to remain part of Iraq in the first place.)

You know I am totally opposed to the death penalty in all circumstances - bar none - but even if you support it, this has gotta be the stupidest act of an utterly, irrideemably stupid war.
:fi_lone_ranger:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Seti,

I agree completely. And it will not be Our Glorious Christian Leader who suffers the consequences once this despicable man is made into a martyr, it will be our soldiers in Vietraq, and no doubt thousands more innocent civilians as well.

Our only hope is that the Demoncrats will win control of both houses of the US Congress and then miraculously work up enough nerve somehow to get rid of the gang of thugs that are running this country.  It is, I suppose, a possible scenario.  I hesitate to think it is likely to happen though.

I certainly agree that the wrong message is sent if we say "It is wrong to kill, and you killed, so we are going to kill you".

Life in prison might be a suitable sentence, but making him a martyr is so stupid that the idea must have come from someone afflicted with religious beliefs.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
On the other hand, if the Iraqi people want to sentence their former Iraqi dictator to death for murdering his fellow Iraqis, I think that's their prerogative.  It really begs the question though.  If the Iraqis can take care of themselves, well enough to try and execute Saddam Hussein, do they really need us hanging around anymore?  I really don't care one way or another if they hang him, or execute him by firing squad, or let him get mauled by a pack of wild boars.  The more important issue is, when we can finally get the hell out of there?

The only remaining "justification" for the war (since all the other excuses were boldfaced lies) has been to get rid of Saddam.  So now that they're going to hang him, can we please move on to more important things?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I think, if nothing else, that Saddam Hussein (why do people just call him Saddam, as if he's a celebrity or something?) should be hung for firing up all those oil wells during the 1st Gulf war, and putting all that crap in my lungs! But I'm not sure it was worth all those lives it took to do it.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
So is Saddam going to become Satan's gay lover after he dies? Inquiring minds wish to know. :alien:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
What ?!?!?!!  Satan's cheating on me now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users