Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Server Reboot Event April 21, 2006

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
For reasons that are still not clear, the server on which this site is hosted rebooted this morning at about 9:20 AM PDT. If you were online already or attempted to connect between 9:20 and 9:26 your connection will have timed out.

This is the first time in 13 months that this server has rebooted unexpectedly. I have rebooted it myself on several occasions in the last year to resolve problems with daemons (not demons!) and for security enhancements.

There are a few automated systems in place to alert me if the server fails, to restart it automatically, and to respond in custom designed ways to certain types of attacks. In this case it was rebooting before I knew it had failed.

Sorry if you were inconvenienced in any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users