Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Richard Dawkins on South Park?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I don't know if anyone else caught the recent two-parter on South Park, but it featured Richard Dawkins as a substitute teacher, among other things.  They ripped on fundamentalist atheists, although the episodes for the most part consisted of more of a cobbled together mix of parodies, including Futurama, Final Fantasy, and Battlestar Galactica.  I was expecting an episode on evolution vs. creationism, but they seem to have taken it a step further by making evolution a foregone conclusion; i.e. sea otters have developed intelligence in only a few centuries worth of evolution.  Ms. Garrison's speech on evolution was pretty funny, and demonstrated just how little your average creationist knows (or cares) about evolution.  All in all I thought they treated atheists fairly, even more so than certain religious groups, and it concluded with a good message.  Strangely enough, Dawkins was actually portrayed as more tolerant and less militant than he is in real life, and they didn't really have anything bad happen to him. :icon_tomato:

You can watch them both here:
http://allabout-sp.n...ason10/1012.php
http://allabout-sp.n...ason10/1013.php

I thought the second one was better than the first.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
It says at the end the world no longer has-isms. Does that still leave an -ity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users