Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jesus Camp for Hypocritical Gay Bashing Gay Preachers to Shut Down

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
The summer camp featured in the documentary "Jesus Camp," which includes scenes with hyper-hypocrite the gay anti-gay Repugnican preacher Ted Haggard, will shut down for at least several years because of negative reaction sparked by the film, according to the camp's director.  :Smiley:  :Wink:  :Tounge:  :Happy:

"Right now we're just not a safe ministry," Becky Fischer, the fiery Pentecostal pastor featured in "Jesus Camp," said Tuesday. [note: she may have meant that the kiddies were not safe from the Hyper-Hypocrite]

The documentary, which hit select U.S. theaters during the summer, portrays Fischer, 55, as drill instructor to a group of young evangelical children steeling themselves for spiritual and political warfare.

Led by Fischer, the children pray in tongues, as is common in charismatic strains of Pentecostalism; tearfully beg God to end abortion; and bless Our Glorious Christian Leader at a weeklong camp in Devils Lake, N.D.

See the entire juicy article at the Seattle Times.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Imagine that! Bad publicity? Negative feelings? and what made this foo fra bitch think this wouldn't happen?

It just shows the imaginary level these people are living in. She probably watched this film and thought, "What a great recruiting tool for Jesus!" Why won't God protect her little moonys back home? Hmmmmm? Could the answer be . . . bullshit! (again) :snork_lach:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
From Article

Grady, the co-director of "Jesus Camp," said the negative reaction to the film "has weighed a little heavy on our hearts."

"Not that we had anything to do with it, but [the campground] wasn't getting vandalized before the film and it was after it, and we need to acknowledge that," Grady said.

Nooooo...what you SHOULD be acknowledging is that the people of this country are sending a clear message (see 7 November 2006, RE: Election Results) that A) they are tired of being doormats to be scraped by the boots of those in power and B) they refuse to have their children grow up shouting whatever the Churchie equivalent of "Allah Uh Akhbar!" is as they blow up busses, bring down historic landmarks and kill thousands of innocent people.

Hey Coyote.  You and I line up on most issues, but I can't share your optimism on something like this.  Yes, out of the 100 kids who go to that camp, 99 will totally forget about it the minute they spring their first Woody.  But that 100th kid?  If a camp like this can create even one Eric Rudolph or Timothy McVeigh, then Hank help us all because we know what one McVeigh can do.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I saw the documentary a few days ago, and I laughed out loud in the theater when I saw the "Kids on Fire" camp was being held at Devil's Lake! How ironic is that?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I have to agree Flat Earth, there will actually be a few who go over the edge and take their psychosis to the next level. Hopefully they will get screened out with some lesser crime or just suicide themselves for Jesus. But it is a dangerous world and we can't stop every lunatic, religious zealot or not from commiting horrible crimes. There are hundreds if not thousands of right to life, anti Catholic, Anti Jew, God hates fags and every other conceivable hate group in this country and every one of them has the potential to produce a Timothy Mc Veigh or a Davd Koresh or a Hypocritic Haggard. But we can not, must not allow their deranged idealism to alter our slow but steady, rational and lawful approach to atheism. Turning militant, acting like the people who hate us is stooping to their level and accomplishes nothing but squabbling.  I have as little respect for a fundamentalist atheist pounding their "disbeliefs" into some christians head as I do the christian who behaves the same way. Be correct, be steadfast and be rational when expressing your views and you gain much more respect than a raving lunatic. Now that is not to say the fundys don't deserve a good thrashing occasionally, but when confronted with an opposing opinion in a respectful manner it's best to answer in kind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users