Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Gathering in the Desert

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Many years ago I went on a spirit quest in the desert. For many days I deprived myself of comforts and nourishment until I found inside myself the path and guide that my life was suppose to follow. Since then I have found a kind of peace and direction that feels right and doesn't go against my character.

I was thinking the other night how I wish that each one of us could experience such an event and have a gathering or fellowship to share our thoughts and gather even more insight. It is the one faction of religion that I wish was available to us heathen types.

As a Cherokee I have a Hoykya (a spiritual meeting place) where we share and talk of such matters, but as an atheist it sure would be great to meet with like minded people to talk about things we have in common.

When I was in Sedona I met with some folks in the desert beneath the red rocks. It was suppose to be some kind of vortex or something and I admit there were odd magnetic currents there but I didn't attribute them to anything other than mother earth just being a mystery. It was a little too "new age" for me but it was a great place and interesting to listen to all the different folks who came along.

I am thinking of actually organizing a get together of like minded people, atheists and agnostics where we cold participate in some activities and spend some time around the old campfire. It would take some time to get it together and I would handle the logistics but I was thinking the south rim of the Grand Canyon might be a great spot. Would anybody have any interest in such a gathering say next spring?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,828 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This idea appeals to me. I love the Grand Canyon, who could go there too often?

Let's see how this idea goes.

Great Ape

Great Ape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • LocationTexas
What a wonderful idea!

I know I am a day late and a dollar short with this post. Actually I am trying to figure out how to link specific posts. Just ignore me. Brilliant idea though.

Edited by Great Ape, 11 February 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Joe Bloe

Joe Bloe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 9,582 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

What a wonderful idea!

I know I am a day late and a dollar short with this post. Actually I am trying to figure out how to link specific posts. Just ignore me. Brilliant idea though.

• Go the post you want
  • Click on the post # on the right hand side of the page.
  • A box will appear with the link highlighted in blue
  • Right click on the link and then click on copy.
I (randomly) chose your post #9 in the thread titled "Why Atheists Must Speak Out Against Religion" and pasted it here:

http://aintnogod.com...dpost__p__35860

link.jpg click to enlarge

Hope that's what you were looking for.
Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users