Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Woman wanted sex change 'to become Christ'

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Woman wanted sex change 'to become Christ'

I guess some religious afflictions are more dangerous than others. More entertaining, as well!

Notice, this is NOT from the Onion! [smilie=holyshit.gif]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Seems like it's a contest to see whether the patient or the doctor is more looney.  But I guess the medication has helped to cure this poor lady of her religious delusions.

It's nice to see that at least one poor delusional Christian is getting the mental health care that she needs. And it sounds like she is doing much better now too.

My late son suffered from bipolar disorder, and he had finally gotten on to a helpful medication and became rather lucid for a month or two. Then he made the fatal mistake of deciding that the medication had cured him and he stopped taking it. Almost immediately he reverted to his prior Fundamentalist Disorder, having delusions about an Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy. It's quite a popular delusion, but he took it a bit too far by hanging himself so he could be with Jeebus.

That was the most stupid mistake he ever made in his whole life.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Um, Ok, sex change is one thing, and being gawd is another thing.  PAGING DR. FREUD.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

My late son suffered from bipolar disorder, and he had finally gotten on to a helpful medication and became rather lucid for a month or two. Then he made the fatal mistake of deciding that the medication had cured him and he stopped taking it. Almost immediately he reverted to his prior Fundamentalist Disorder, having delusions about an Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy. It's quite a popular delusion, but he took it a bit too far by hanging himself so he could be with Jeebus.

As I understand it, that's not uncommon at all with bipolar patients, though I don't know how many commit suicide because of it. That must have bee terribly traumatic for you and your family. Sometimes I wish God really did exist, just so we'd have someone to blame shit on when it happens. 

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I'm quite certain that Daryl's suicide was the most traumatic event in my entire life, it's beyond doubt. Parents are not meant to attend their children's funerals.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
So jeebus, if he ever existed, was actually some manically depressed dude who believed he was himself....hmmmm. :snork_lach:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

So jeebus, if he ever existed, was actually some manically depressed dude who believed he was himself...

I'd tend to go for schizophrenia rather than bi-polar syndrome. If he ever actually claimed himself what has been claimed for him. Or if he existed - rather than being, for example, a character in a relgious mystery play, or a conglomeration of several religious leaders.
:farao:

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

Then he made the fatal mistake of deciding that the medication had cured him and he stopped taking it.

Was he on an SSRI? I was on one earlier this year, and felt like it was making me crazy, attempted to reduce the dose gradually, blacked out one night, and woke up to find a bunch of empty pill bottles scattered about the floor, and spent the next few days in the hospital until my vitals stabilized. I will never take an SSRI again.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I'm sorry, but I don't recall. I have blocked out the details of the whole episode from my memory. At one point I did know the name of the powerful psychoactive drug he was taking, but I can't or won't recall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users