Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daddy's Little Girls...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
I'm sure many of you are familiar with father-daughter purity balls, the celebrations of unhealthy and mildly incestuous obsessions with a girls' virginal state by her dear daddy.

It's so evil to teach a girl that her self-worth is all tied up in her virginity, and she becomes worthless if her freshness seal hymen is broken before she becomes the property of a gift to her future husband.

Purity Balls

Note that the term "cover" is used in animal husbandry to describe what stallions do to mares. Hearing a grown man profess that he will "cover" his daughter is really, really disturbing.

I need to go gouge out my eyes now.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This stuff is about as creepy as Jeebustarianism gets.

Speaking of daughters, though, and giving them away and such...  I have a daughter who is an RN as well as a poet. She has competed in a number of poetry slams and rose to regional playoffs (poet offs?) one year.

One time she was reciting some of her poems at an open mike night, and at the same time she had an ad on a dating site somewhere.

A day or two later she got an email that included a line from one of her best poems in the title.  The poem included lines about making Mickey Mouse Pancakes. Anyway one thing led to another, and about a year ago he bought her a house.

Two months ago I got a phone call from my daughter. I could sense something was up but she was not telling me. Finally she asked if Mike, her beau, could talk to me. Mike is an extreme computer geek nerd and a big fan of 60s rock. My lovely husband and I both like him a lot.

Mike comes on the phone and asks me if he could have the honor of having my daughters hand in marriage.  I told him, with no hesitation, that nothing would make me happier. Mike is a gentle, soft spoken, kind guy with a subtle sense of humor.

So I will be giving my daughter away in a formal NON-RELIGIOUS wedding ceremony next October.

But this does not mean I own her. And since she and Mike have been living together for over a year, well, she is a somewhat attractive 27 year old. I have no knowledge and I do not wish to know about her virginity. A man being concerned about that is downright creepy and damn near incestuous in my opinion.

What I want is for my daughter to be a happy and productive member of society, and that does seem to be the case. I still call her Smurf though.
Posted Image

Now excuse me please, I have a plane to catch.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I never knew I had a Daughter until she was 18 years old. By the time she had found me it was too late for me to act like "Daddy".

I met her once, she was a nice kid but she did not approve of my lifestyle and after she left we have never spoken again. Perhaps that was just the way it was suppose to be.

I do love my stepdaughter very much. She is the mother of my grandkids and I have learned that sometimes love is stronger than blood.

As far as this "Purity Ball" thing I had never heard of such a thing and it's actually kind of creepy. I like the idea of a father daughter get together but the "purity" thing is over the top.

Don't gouge out your eyes Force, we need you here. :snork_lach:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Instead of putting you daughter under lock and key until she's 30 or making her ashamed of her sexuality, why don't you TEACH them...academically, socially, emotionally.  Whatever happened to "Take Your Daughter To Work Day"?  Everyone wants to confine their girls...help them EXPAND!  It ain't 1954 anymore.  Daddy's Little Girl can grow up to become anything these days.  Maybe even Guitar Goddess Nori Bucci!

Nori with Gamalon

http://www.youtube.com/v/-1zgEOSFJLM

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

It's so evil to teach a girl that her self-worth is all tied up in her virginity, and she becomes worthless if her freshness seal hymen is broken before she becomes the property of a gift to her future husband.

JESUS CHRIST!  I read this three times before the words "freshness seal" sank in.  OH DEAR HANK! I'll never look at a cup of yogurt quite the same way ever again.  Thanks a lot, Force!

By the way...does that freshness seal come with an expiration date stamped on it?  Okay...now I'm totally grossed out.  I'm going to leave now.......................

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Here's a thought.  Why don't religious conservatives lose the double standard and start demanding that males conform to the same strict rules?  Let's have it where boys have to stay virgins as well, in order to remain "pure".

Oh wait, they're already pushing for abstinence pledges, which we already know don't work.

My castration idea is starting to look a little better now, don't you think?  We can start with those perverted fathers... :snork_lach:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Sorry for putting you off yogurt, FlatEarth. :snork_lach: I was just pointing out how girls are seen as products for consumption by these freaks.

[quote name='"SilentKnight"]Here's a thought.  Why don't religious conservatives lose the double standard and start demanding that males conform to the same strict rules?  Let's have it where boys have to stay virgins as well' date=' in order to remain "pure".[/quote']

Yeah, I have yet to find out about any mother-son purity balls, though they may exist, who knows.

Ungodly, congrats on your daughter's engagement. Wrt giving her away, a ritual is just a ritual, unless you get fundies who turn it into an exchange of property. Have fun in Hawaii!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Freshness seal! :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach: POP! Goes the weasel! :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Thanks The Force, I am having fun already. We have a fantastic condo with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, a balcony that looks out over the beach, it's fantastic here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users