Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Purity Ball

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,618 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
It seems there is a new custom among whacked out American Fundamentalists called a Purity Ball.

The concept appears to involve fathers, acting as the owners of their daughters, pledging to protect the sexual purity of their daughters.

Meanwhile the daughters pledge:
I pledge to remain sexually pure...until the day I give myself as a wedding gift to my husband. ... I know that God requires this of me.. that he loves me. and that he will reward me for my faithfulness.

I always thought that the father transferred ownership of his daughter during the wedding ceremony when he gave the bride to the groom. If that is correct, then surely the girl is not entitled to act as an autonomous agent and give herself away on the wedding night.

Maybe this difficulty could be resolved by rewording the girls pledge to refer to a transfer of ownership between the father and the groom.

Pretty creepy stuff, huh?

About.com reports on nutjob sites like this one.

Ripley

Ripley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Don't girls realize how far back they throw the womens movement with this shit? Ridiculous.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
So what is it for the groom to be . . . Purity BALLS?

Sorry I just couldn't pass it up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users