Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Talking Jesus doll?!? What'll they think of next?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Toys for Tots rejects Jesus doll

Good for TfT!  :smt031 :smt032

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

Michael La Roe, director of business development for both companies, said the charity's decision left him "surprised and disappointed."

"The idea was for them to be three-dimensional teaching tools for kids," La Roe said. "I believe as a churchgoing person, anyone can benefit from hearing the words of the Bible."

Isn't that just so typical? This guy can't fathom why anyone might not want little kids, irrespective of religious affiliation, to receive this blatant christian indoctrination tool. I'm not surprised but am disappointed that such narrow-minded dimwits exist, and can't even pass up a simple children's toy charity event without having to try to evangelize to people who don't want it.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
This is one of my Wife and I's favorite charities. We always bring a sack of toys into the Marine recruiters office here and always are treated with the upmost respect and thanks. I am glad to see that they have rejected this obvious attempt to weasel the christian nonsense into such a fine organization.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
They just don't know how to market it to kids.

http://www.emerchand....MOnVWNjE?IMG=z

There's also this:

http://www.albinobla...flash/jesus.php

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hey, I wonder if that Jesus Christ action figure is anatomically correct? :oops:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Come to that, was Jesus anatomically correct? I mean, according to the xians he never used it, and since his Pappy is supposed to be omnipotent he would have known that, so perhaps he saved himself the trouble? On the other hand, maybe he needed it so he could mortify the flesh by resisting the tempations of self-gratification, thereby earning himself even higher glory.
:farao:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
And of course since he was all powerful and omnipotent and all that hocus pocus, he could resist the urge to just give it a few strokes with his superwillpower, as long as nobody snuck any kryptonite into his can of spinach, of course, always with the kryptonite free spinach.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
TfT Caves In Under Christian Whining

Toys for Tots just capitulated to the jeebus freaks and will now distribute the creepy talking jeebus doll. So much for "no false idols," huh?

Amanda at Pandagon pointed out that the jeebus freaks are trying to foist these insanely not-fun toys on poor kids because they believe that poor people should take what's offered them and be grateful. Poor kids don't deserve to have fun; it's their fault that their parents are sooo lazy and trying to suck tax money from the coffers of the persecuted kristian Repuglicans. Classic conservative mentality: poverty is a crime and should be punished.

OTOH, do any of you remember what you used to do to your Barbies/GI Joes? Heh, heh, jeebus is in for a partay....

"Look mommy, I put some makeup on jesus and now he and GI Joe are going to get married! In the Porsche! Yay!"

Let's hope that TfT took these toys just to get the kristians to stop bitching and threw them in a landfill somewhere.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Let's hope that TfT took these toys just to get the kristians to stop bitching and threw them in a landfill somewhere.

Or if not, let's hope they get their asses sued royally by some Jewish or Muslim or atheist family for their impudence!

I must say, I'm really disappointed in this about-face.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
You didn't hear this from me but . .  the dolls in question will be accepted by TFT but their distribution is another matter. :Wink:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

You didn't hear this from me but . .  the dolls in question will be accepted by TFT but their distribution is another matter. :Wink:

Cool. A clever way of dodging stupidity, I suppose. I agree about TfT being a great charity.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Or if not, let's hope they get their asses sued royally by some Jewish or Muslim or atheist family for their impudence!

Now that I've thought about it, I realize that most Jewish and Muslim families don't celebrate Christmas. duh! :smt102

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users