Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Church Meets State

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
This looks like a pretty good overview:

Church Meets State

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
And the louder they whimper and whine, the more people will see just how incredibly stupid they are.  A little over half of the US is pro-choice, and as the midterm elections demonstrated, women voters are not to be underestimated or taken for granted.

By the way, it's highly ironic that the anti-choice nut protesting in front of the abortion clinic is wielding a symbol of violence and death-- yet he claims to be pro-life.  Most of them don't even give a shit about the life of the mother, or any other children she may have, because they believe pregnancy should be used to punish women for having sex.  If men could get knocked up, abortion would not only be legal everywhere, it would be provided for free.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Well the fundies pick and choose the science they appose.  I haven

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

If men could get knocked up, abortion would not only be legal everywhere, it would be provided for free.

And maybe even mandatory for unbelievers!

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
This is exactly why I have absolutely no sympathy for the millions of evangelicals who were "used" by the GOP for political ends. They only kicked out the bastards last week because Repuglicans weren't doing enough to impose the nutjobs' agenda on everyone else. It wasn't enough that bigotry still runs rampant in this country, shown by the marriage amendment acts that were voted on, and it's not enough that we haven't instituted a christian theocracy to dictate "family values" (you know, oppression, torture, wars, death penalty, bigotry, etc.) to everyone else.

It will never be enough with these people. There will always be something else for them to bitch about.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

It will never be enough with these people. There will always be something else for them to bitch about.

Yes, very true.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Yes, very true.

I love it when folks like Dawkins and Hawking bust the fundies' bubble, I like to see them squirm, like they did in the matter of The Da Vinci Code. People like Harris, Sagan, Penn & Teller, Newdow, et al, are giving the fundies something to whine and cry about, as are the courts that are keeping creationism out of our science classrooms. I say we keep taking the fight to them, through publicity campaigns that will hopefully boost the image of atheists in the eys of the general public.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This is starting. For most of history, atheists have been isolated in a sea of beleivers, feeling uncomfortable but thinking they were the only one who didn't "get" it. Afraid to put their hand up because they didn't know there was any alternative to "god", couldn't explain how things had come to be as they are without some kind of divine hand. Darwin (peace be upon him... ooops!) lit the beacon, and now the internet is giving us the chance to come together and find out just how strong we can be.

It could be a tough fight - the established religions aren't going to want to give up their power. They've fought a dirty fight for thousands of years, they know how to organise, how to lie, how to intimidate, and still look as if they smell of roses. But the genie's out of the bottle, and the harder they try to shove it back the more they'll reveal their true colours. One day - I hope in my lifetime - the US will have an openly atheist President. I am absolutely convinced of that.
:farao:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

One day - I hope in my lifetime - the US will have an openly atheist President. I am absolutely convinced of that.
:farao:

Nice optimism. I like it.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

One day - I hope in my lifetime - the US will have an openly atheist President.

And why not? They got an alcoholic, coke sniffing, total fucking liar moron in there now. Shit! An atheist would be so many steps up from that! :snork_lach:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
^*snickers*

An agnostic or deist would be nice too.  After all, it's not like the latter hasn't been done before.  Plus, as I've often pointed out, such people typically go about their lives no differently from any given atheist.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

One day - I hope in my lifetime - the US will have an openly atheist President.

And why not? They got an alcoholic, coke sniffing, total fucking liar moron in there now. Shit! An atheist would be so many steps up from that! :snork_lach:

I'll tell you why not: because such a person would be much more difficault for the corporate entity to manipulate, being a self-thinker, a lot harder than the alcoholic, coke-sniffing, total fucking moron frat-boy cheerleader they managed to install in the 2000 "selection".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users