Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evangelical Atheism

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Got God? No Way!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
While that article has some good points, and the writer refrained nicely from attacking atheists, he or she made the same error I see in most articles on the subject of atheism in the mainstream press; the reference to the presenter's faith in atheism is factually incorrect.

Faith is the irrational promotion of an idea based on no evidence whatsoever.

Atheism is the rational conclusion that is logically derived from the lack of evidence for any Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy.

Atheism is the exact opposite of faith.  It pisses me off when people talk about atheism as if it were just another form of religious stupidity when in fact it is the rejection of stupidity and the faith that gives religious fools the basis for their murderous acts of holiness.

It really pisses me off.

Still, it is good to see the press coverage for a reality-based lifestyle, and for the time being we can take the good with the bad in this case.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
While we're on the topic, can someone please kick Dobson in the nuts?  If he honestly believes that the greatest evils facing society are abortion, stem cell research, and gay marriage, he should put his money where his mouth is and have himself neutered.

Incidentally, why would anyone be surprised that Mormons discriminate against nonbelievers?  The very founder of their church was a supremacist asswipe bigot, and I really don't think the Mormons are in any position to be taking a high moral stance given their history of abusing women.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, and I recall something about the Mormons slaughtering a whole bunch of settlers and blaming it on the local indiginous population.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Just found this over at the Baptist Watch board:

Atheist Evangelism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users