Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reasons why I can't afford to be superstitous

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
As you may know, one of the options this forum has is to edit your profile so that your birthday shows up on the lower banner.  Mine has come and gone, but I decided to keep it quiet, not because of the particular date it fell on, but because I was sick at the time, and I don't care much for birthdays.

This year, like it does every seven years, my birthday was on Friday the 13th.  As if that wasn't enough, this year also contained an 06/06/06 date, which happens every 100 years.  The chances of the two occurring together are 1 in 700.

Fortunately, I'm not superstitous.  Therefore I can safely say that nothing unusual has happened yet... Except that my eyes have started to glow in the dark.  And things seem to randomly catch fire whenever I get mad.  And these sharp bony nubs have started trying to grow out of my forehead, so I have to file them down every morning.  But I'm sure there's a logical explanation for that! :smt096

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I hate it when those things happen! :snork_lach: Happy belated birthday anyway ya old coot! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I suggest that you keep those bony projections sharp when you are filing them. They could be handy if there are any stray Repugnicans roaming the streets. I hear there has been a huge increase in gangs of unemployed Repugnican thugs roaming the streets on a full moon's eve.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I recall reading, in Barbara Walker's wonderful book, The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets, that Friday the 13th used to be considered an especially lucky day - until the RCC used every propaganda trick in its arsenal to change the way it was viewed. It was known as Freya's Day, Freya being a Norse goddess of love and sex - and we all know the RCC's attitude toward that! I actually look forward to Friday the 13th, myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users