Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Happy Birthday Tophat

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Today our favorite Canadian young person is a whole year older. At his age, being one year older is statistically significant.

We all appreciate the sensible young people like Top Hat that show great promise for the future of civilization.

Happy Birthday Top Hat, and many, many more!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, TH, may your light shine for many decades!  [smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=princess_spamalot.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=666.gif] :smt031 :smt030 :smt026 :smt035 :smt034 :smt020

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Ah the light it's so bright! *dims lights* Thanks all, and I am glad to finally be sixteen. Now if I ever find true love, I can go and legally get married in Quebec.:P

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
16? Hell if you were a girl in Arkansas, you'd already been married to your cousin and had 3 kids!

Congrats anyway Old Timer! I can't even remember when I was 16. Course I can't remember yesterday either! :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Can you drive now, or is the age for driver's licenses different up north?

Happy Birthday, btw. :snork_okok:

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
I can get my G1 now, and then after 8 months(if I take driving courses unless it is a year) I can get a G2, but alas I don't have money for any of that, and one less car on the road helps the earth.:)

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
What's a G1 and G2? Is that like our "can't drive with passengers" and can't drive at night" licenses? In the state of Washington that's the way licenses are done. Sort of a 3 step process.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Ya, it is kind of like that.

G1 you need to drive with an adult and can't drive big roads and at nights.

G2 you can drive whenever where ever but you can only have a certain amount of passengers.

After a certian amount of time you can drive normally.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
When I got my license back in the dark ages we just did a written test, then a 20 minute driving test and if you got 80% combined averaged score you were issued a license. Of course gas was $.25 a gallon too. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts

Of course gas was $.25 a gallon too. :snork_lach:

I once bought a brand new car for $2,395.00 and then filled it up with gas that cost $0.299 per gallon.
Not long after that I bought a house for $13,500 dollars.

You'd be lucky to buy a car these days for what I paid for my first house.

Ay, when we were little it were all up hill in the snow all the way to school, and that were in the summer. My only cup had a crack in it so it were broke in half, but we never had anything to drink anyways. I were lucky to get the scraps that the neighborhood dogs left behind. Folks thought we were rich because I did have one shoe that I never had to share with me brother or sisters, but it were a right shoe and we could only afford left feet. Aye, poor we were.

There were no use having a drivers license in them days, as horses were not invented yet. We used to ride our dog to church on Sunday, except there were no church cause the whole town were too poor. We had to save up just to become atheists, we did.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Atheism as an effective way to save money. :Happy:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

After a certian amount of time you can drive normally.

Hey, we could use a system like that here - hardly anyone drives "normally"!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Ay, when we were little it were all up hill in the snow all the way to school, and that were in the summer. My only cup had a crack in it so it were broke in half, but we never had anything to drink anyways. I were lucky to get the scraps that the neighborhood dogs left behind. Folks thought we were rich because I did have one shoe that I never had to share with me brother or sisters, but it were a right shoe and we could only afford left feet. Aye, poor we were.

There were no use having a drivers license in them days, as horses were not invented yet. We used to ride our dog to church on Sunday, except there were no church cause the whole town were too poor. We had to save up just to become atheists, we did.

Dang, it's a good thing you were born a male or you'd've had nothing to play with!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
Aye, but the kids in our town were so poor I had to let them all play with mine.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, that's great! It's good to learn how to share at an early age, it makes it so much easier later on when the IRS comes aknockin'!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users