Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iraq war has cost US 350 billion dollars

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
An article on Yahoo News has the headline Iraq war has cost US 350 billion dollars. While this is no doubt true, the phrase "so far" was missing from this headline.

And I also wonder just how much we care about having killed or indirectly caused the death of over 600,000 innocent Iraqi civilians, all just so that Our Glorious Christian Leader can show his Daddy what a good boy he is.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find what is good about Our Glorious Christian Leader. He has ruined the economy of Iraq, seriously damaged the economy of this country, and filled our Federal Courts with Fundamentalist nutjobs. He has killed hundreds of thousands of people all for a pack of lies, he has ruined the reputation of this country and destroyed the good will of many of our allies.

Thank goodness for the American people. We have shown the good sense and decency to reject Our Glorious Christian Leader and his band of Jeebustrarian-posing thugs. These men running the corpogovernment White Pentagon House are about as Christian as I am pregnant.

Let the impeachment proceedings begin!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Impeachment hell! Let the war crimes trials begin!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

Impeachment hell! Let the war crimes trials begin!

OK. I like your idea better.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
The problem with impeachment is it's too "local" it doesn't give the world, which this moron has fucked up for all of us, any satisfaction. The next president will probably just pardon the shrub anyway. Let's be realistic. Irregardless of who gets voted in, there's still a "good old boy" network and all politicians are members. Even if found guilty of war crimes, that in itself only limits the shrubs ability to go out of country. He would still be free to roam the US without restriction.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Even if found guilty of war crimes, that in itself only limits the shrubs ability to go out of country. He would still be free to roam the US without restriction.

Maybe STASI could remedy that situation with a well-timed "rendition".

Besides, things seem to be already in place so that the shrub and all his heartless henchmen will have retroactive immunity, never to have their sleep troubled again by visions of Bubba lap-dancing on their cots.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
The Demoncrats are already showing their weak side; Pelosi has promised not to push for impeachment charges once they take over. I don't know what they have to fear; they will be running things now. there's no need for this mealy-mouthed "bipartisanship" crap anymore. Not when dealing with amoral dickwads like Shrub and Co. Yeah, impeaching him would piss a lot of Americans off, but it would make a lot of others happy, and would let any future presidents know that stunts like the Constitution-shredding, murderous country-invading, secret-torture-camps ones that Shrub pulled off will eventually come back around and bite him where the sun don't shine.

So it's okay to impeach a president for having oral sex with an intern, but not for war crimes and invading a country for no good reason whatsoever. I see.

I don't know what I'm expecting. Demoncrats aren't going to do what their constituents elected them to do. Screw them.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
A politician is a politician, is a politician. Never forget that there are few clubs so exclusive, and so tight as congress. Able to make up their own rules, sign their own paychecks and pat each other on the back while doing it, they will not take the chance of angering someone who may be a shrub supporter and possibly voting down one of their own sponsored bills. Politics is just that. It is no more and no less. Just business.

When I was a child, I thought as a child and acted a child. Then I became a man and put away childish things, like thinking Congress was on my side and that politicians had my best interest at heart.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I agree with this completely. The Demoncrats are employees of the same Corporations that own the Repugnicans. If it could be demonstrated that major corporate sponsors would rake in huge sums of money as a result of impeaching Our Glorious Christian Leader then it might happen.

The fact is that the corporations that own the US government and export our Weapons of Mass Destruction have never had it so good. Not only is Our Glorious Christian Leader funnelling a huge percentage of your tax dollars to them now, he's also spending your children and grandchildren's tax dollars too, and sending it all right into the hands of the empire building and mass murdering companies that make profit on the blood of dead civilians.

The difference between the Repugnicans and the Demoncrats is rather slight. The Demoncrats regret it when we invade an innocent foreign country and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians based on a pack of lies - but they still vote in favor of it; by comparison the Repugnicans don't care about anything but their bank accounts. The leaders of both parties will wave the flag, talk about supporting "our boys over there" and rename menu items in the Congressional cafeteria to keep you distracted from the fact we are building a worldwide military empire based on the principle that Might Makes Right.

The Repugnicans just embellish it a bit more by claiming Jeebus told them to do it.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
*sigh* Well, after finals are over I've got to start looking for a job so I, along with the rest of my generation, can start paying back all the debt that an older generation before us racked up on oil, death, war and stockpiling yet more of the most horrific WMD's the world has ever seen (nukes) rather than spending on poverty alleviation, underprivileged children and women, education, and eradication of diseases that take millions of lives every year.

Yippee. And my parents wonder why this apple fell so far from the tree, politically speaking.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, it isn't quite 350 billion yet, but it's really close:

http://nationalprior...pper&Itemid=182

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
350 billion dollars?  That should just about cover the respect and trust we've lost around the world and the amount of ill feelings we've created in religious and nationalistic sickos of every conceivable ilk.  Maybe there will be some change left over to buy prosthetics for all the cripples we've made or to fund some of the orphanages springing up in every country we step foot.

They can pay back the monetary debt, but they can never buy back our 'souls'.  We sold those, no refunds-no exchanges, a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users