Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which Religions are Most Dangerous?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Which current religions do you think pose the greatest threat to the survival of mankind?

Islam and Christianity come to mind. What do you think?

Hypercube

Hypercube

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I intended to mention Islam first, as they contribute to the more obvious religious fanaticism we see, hear and read about in the news.

But then it struck me that christianity is far more subtle and dangerous. The USA, the most powerful nation in the world, is ruled by a Born Again christian fundamentalist. Gay people and non-believers are treated as pariahs and seem to have virtually no rights. Creatonism and Intelligent Design are finding their ways into school curriculums. Abortion is illegal in most countries.

Religion in general, but christianity especially seems to have a stranglehold on our lives as we try to live it today.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Christianity hands down! How many thousands have died and been tortured in the name of Christianity? Islam may be second but until recently, as in the last 25 years lets say, nobody in this country really gave much thought to them folks. They make splashy headlines for sure, but when it comes to sinister motives and hidden agendas? Christianity is the deadliest faction there is in the world. :(

Dax

Dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
[quote name='"Hypercube"]But then it struck me that christianity is far more subtle and dangerous. The USA' date=' the most powerful nation in the world, is ruled by a Born Again christian fundamentalist.[/quote']

Born Agains are the worst of all! I mean, here you have a bunch of doped out, wife beating, drunk criminals who found the lord. The lord saved them from their immoral path of destruction. In other words, these people need god to refrain them from doing unethical things which makes them psychopaths detained by god.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
[quote name='"The White Coyote"]Christianity hands down! How many thousands have died and been tortured in the name of Christianity? Islam may be second but until recently' date=' as in the last 25 years lets say, nobody in this country really gave much thought to them folks. They make splashy headlines for sure, but when it comes to sinister motives and hidden agendas? Christianity is the deadliest faction there is in the world. :([/quote']

Yep! Couldn't've said it better myself! [smilie=spliff.gif]

Christianity is the very definition of the word "insidious".

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Capitalism is the most dangerous "religion". The Christianities that are dangerous are so because they have embraced capitalism.

Actually, lemme rephrase that. I think most people's religion is greed, and that capitalism is an expression of that. So the most dangerous religion is greed.

The second most dangerous religion is Ignorance.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Which current religions do you think pose the greatest threat to the survival of mankind?

Islam and Christianity come to mind. What do you think?

Besides the two you mentioned, I'd be tempted to list the Unification Church of Sun Myung Moon.

Here's the wiki.

See especially this page, and these quotes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users