Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tattoo Muslims!?!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
How could Ameicans even contemplate such a hateful action?

Radio Hoax Exposes Anti-Muslim Sentiment in U.S.

I think this really says more about the "state of the union" than anything the decider could lie about in his annual speech. And to think, most American hate atheists even more than they hate Muslims, so what would they do to us, if they could? I sure don't want to end up burning on some bastard's stake! And I refuse to do so, if it comes down to it. I hope they don't make me mad - they wouldn't like me when I'm mad!

[edit]

"You have to set up encampments like during World War Two with the Japanese and Germans."

No idea of history at all - we never put any Germans in concentration camps.
[/edit]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Well no, Germans are the encyclopedic example of whitey.

I think humans are naturally inclined toward racism, and that it is an outgrowth of the fear of strangers. I'm not suggesting that racism is a good thing, it is despicable, but I think we need to educate people constantly to keep racism in check.

I remember as a youngster during the height of the black civil rights movement in this country there were so many people that were willing to live in peace with black people as long as they did not date or intermingle socially with the lilly whites.  This is really more insidious than being an out and out racist because it mounts a pretense of piety and acceptance as a mask, but behind it is nothing but pure racial hatred.  People that talk this way should be completely ignored and treated as village idiots. I take that back, idiots are not to be held in contempt unless thay are politicians or religious leaders.  Maybe the best thing to do with a racist is spit on the ground in front of them and then walk away.  I want nothing at all to do with such people.  I deny their humanity.

I recall people saying that interracial marriage should not be allowed because children of mixed race would not be accepted. These people always seemed to leave off the end of their sentence "if I have my way".

The irony is that when I see children of mixed race they usually seem so beautiful.

So this thing with hating and fearing all Muslims is certainly largely racism, with a good helping of Fundamentalist religious imperialism thrown in as well.

I'm willing to tolerate people who suffer from religious delusions. Most of them manage to still be quite decent folk. But people who use their religious fantasies as a justification to harm others need to be confronted, shouted down, and overcome.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
That is pretty disturbing. I guess I'm getting jaded from reading Freeper (AKA, straight, kkkristian, hypermasculine, entitled male conservatives) posts on the Free Republic forums. Now, there's a sexist, rascist cesspool if ever there was one. Real quality human beings. They espouse views like the radio show callers all the time, and I'm not surprised that wastes of flesh like that exist in our country.

It's all a backlash against perceived "white male" persecution in our society; eg., political correctness, multiculturalism, feminism, etc. they like to dress up their insecurities and overall idiocy in a pretty little package and market it to other angry insecure guys (and girls) under the guise of patriotism and "family values."

It's now considered bold, daring and "artistic" to proudly demonstrate your ignorance in the form of "jokes" that are thinly disguised fantasies about inflicting violence and humiliation on other groups of people. I think these pondscum creatures that believe in branding Jews Muslims with gold stars crescent moons are a product of this lashing out against tolerance of diversity (and fear. Fear is a big factor here too.)

That said, it still breaks my heart to know that I share a country with people who believe Hitler had the right idea. Abso-f*cking-lutely unbelievable.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
People who clean cesspools for a living are at risk of beginning to think the whole world is just shit.

My point is, be careful of the sources of input you select. If these creepazoids bother you so much, and I'm glad they do, just avoid them. Spit on the ground beside them (figuratively) turn your back on them, and go read a book that you like.

Have you looked at our atheist book selection here lately?  I've modified the software that creates the page.  Check out the comedy selections in the right hand sidebar.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I'm guessing a lot of these people are the same ones who would try to deny that Hitler was a Christian, or that Christian fundamentalism had anything to do with the Holocaust.  It's not that much of a stretch.  Give any of them enough power and influence, and they'd likely end up doing the same things he did.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

People who clean cesspools for a living are at risk of beginning to think the whole world is just shit.

My point is, be careful of the sources of input you select. If these creepazoids bother you so much, and I'm glad they do, just avoid them. Spit on the ground beside them (figuratively) turn your back on them, and go read a book that you like.

Have you looked at our atheist book selection here lately?  I've modified the software that creates the page.  Check out the comedy selections in the right hand sidebar.

Heh heh, I've got many better things to do than wade through the subhuman bleatings of Freepers on a regular basis. I've only been to those forums 3 times, and I ain't going back. What I read there could give me anecdotes for a lifetime. But I admit I do sound way too cynical in that last post; there is a majority of decent people who don't share those views at all. I don't want to lose my sense of humor, so I don't immerse myself in the dark tiny worlds of Freeper-like beasties.

I do need to go read a funny book. "Molecular Genetics of Bacteria" just isn't cutting it for me. :snork_lach:
I'll go check out the book section.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hey, try Catch 22 - I've found it to be pretty hilarious!

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
The movie  "The Siege" reminds me a lot about this and the ongoing racism of Muslim people everywhere in the world. I feel that, we don't need to be one type of race and another, we need to be human, and maybe these problems will begin to be seen clearly if we take that step.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Muslims can't even buld a mosque in a Houston suberb without being threatened with pig races!

Houston suburb objects to mosque plans

As the article points out, Muslims don't hate or fear pigs, they just don't eat them.  :smt042

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
Religious freedom (N)- the God-given right of pious Christians to viciously hound and persecute everyone that does not share their violent, death-cult delusions. See also Fascism.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Congressman: Muslims Not Welcome In U.S.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts

Congressman: Muslims Not Welcome In U.S.

Seems like Congressman Goode is a True American Brand Christian

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
He's an idiot but he does have a distant point. Actually there shouldn't be ANY religious books used in ANY Government swearing in ceremony or ANY other government function.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I agree, ban all "holy" books from the halls of Congress! I did hear that they don't actually use a Bible or any other book for the swearing-in ceremony, but that afterwards they pose with it for photos, so their constituents will think they've been sworn in on a Bible. Just more lies and manipulation.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I'd like to see them sworn in on a stack of Playboys or Hustlers. At least it would add a little realism. Actually maybe they should use the Pedophile Weekly or maybe My Pet Goat.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'd like to see them sworn in on a copy of Darwin's Origin of Species, but I doubt I'll live long enough to see it.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
No, no, Thinker's idea was funnier, and that makes it better.

Although I'm pretty sure one of Jesus' main teachings was that we should reject all religiosity and swearing.  It's true, I swear it! :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Although I'm pretty sure one of Jesus' main teachings was that we should reject all religiosity and swearing.  It's true, I swear it! :snork_lach:

Yeah, and I've pointed that out to fundies who rant about this whole swearing on the Koran thing, but they don't seem to want to reply to my posts, for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users