Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orthodox Jews Decide Gay Marriage OK, Gay Rabbis OK, Gay Sex Not OK

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Gay male Orthodox Jews may now marry, and gay men may serve as Orthodox Rabbis in the US, but having sex with the person to whom you are married is still BAD.

The article seen on 365gay.com does not indicate if married Jewish Orthodox queers are required to have separate bedrooms, take turns in the shower, or wash each others delicate undergarments on laundry day.

Excuse me, but is this abundantly stupid or extremely retarded?

It's bad to be gay, but you can be a religious leader if you are gay, and you can marry your gay partner in a public gay religious ceremony, but you darn well better keep that zipper zipped up all the way.

I guess if there was no requirement for stupidity we would not need religions anymore.

Abandoned_Mind

Abandoned_Mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I know.  When I heard this on NPR today I almost lost it like I do with the xian shit.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Now now, let's not get testy. Just use Bill Clintons definition of sex and you are a-okay! :snork_lach:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

Now now, let's not get testy. Just use Bill Clintons definition of sex and you are a-okay! :snork_lach:

It all depends on how you define sex. Just tell them rabbis that gays do it by holding hands while standing on their heads, and they won't know any better. :smt003

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

gays do it by holding hands while standing on their heads

I always wondered about that. Now I know.

Now, if I stand on my head and hold hands with a girl does that make me bi-sexual, gay, straight or just weird? :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
I think that depends on where you were when you met this "girl".

Some "ladies" are more girlfriend than actual girl.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
So wait, the one aspect of a same-sex relationship that they have absolutely NO control over whatsoever is the same one they're trying to prohibit?  Yeah, like that'll really work.  I think they just tacked that on in last ditch attempt to be dogmatically correct, while not coming off as total bigots.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Or better yet, use Bill's definition of "is"!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Now, if I stand on my head and hold hands with a girl does that make me bi-sexual, gay, straight or just weird? :snork_lach:

Just weird, I guess, but at least you're having a good time, so who cares?

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I can't stand on my head. Does that mean I have to become celibate?
:farao:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts

I can't stand on my head. Does that mean I have to become celibate?
:farao:

Do you mean celibate like a Catholic priest (just sex with pre-pubescent children), or celibate like in the dictionary?

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I guess it's a good thing the Jews aren't Christians, since Jesus said that even merely thinking about fornication is as bad as actually doing it. I bet those gay rabbis think about it a lot! Come to think of it, the straight rabbis probably think about it a lot, as well.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Who doesn't think about it a lot? :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Superior Savior

Superior Savior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFRINTON
At least it's an advance. We can't expect things to change spontaniously overnight, we have to let them gradually evolve tollerence. There really is a difference between penetrative sex and other shows of affection (hugging/kissing) which i assume are now OK. It's going to take a few more years for the jews to let gay rabbis do the full dirty, but at least they're not taken out and stoned to death by the whole tribe of Israel anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users