Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New E-Book coming soon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
As many of you know, I am a writer of sorts and have made available my little books about The White Coyote on my website. Recently I began writing another book in a different genre but still related to my one true love, Terriers. The new books title is "Honorable scars are permitted" The trouble with Terriers. The book is somewhat of a comical, how-to book on the difference between "real dogs" and Terriers. The title is taken loosely from The American Kennel Clubs very specific requirements for size, color, weight and features each particular breed must possess in order to be accepted as a show dog. In the general description of Terriers however there is one sentence that seperates these little scrappers apart from other canines. Scars are not permitted in show dogs however in the Terrier classes "Honorable scars are permitted." Because of their rough and ready disposition to go after any vermin within sight or smell, many Terriers have battle scars on their snoots and ears. Apparently the judges recognize that if you banned every Terrier with a battle wound, the show would not go on. It gives the future Terrier owner a fair warning of what they may be getting into.
  I would like to hear any dog stories any of you might want to share. I often include situations and tales I have heard into my writings and even occasionally drop a first name or two. It doesn't necessarily have to be about Terriers as I know of lots of other pooches that can and have created embarrassing situations for their owners. We all have stories to tell and the more I hear the better I can make my own work.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Westie story (not very exciting):

When we lived in base housing in Albuquerque, the majority of the back and side yards were lava rock gardens (due to lack of moisture in that climate). After noticing that Duffy was throwing up a lot, we took him to the vet, and several X-rays revealed that he had not one, not two, but three lava rocks sitting in his stomach. We learned the hard way that terriers like to eat inedible objects too. That, and apparently cat's butts are endlessly fascinating areas of exploration....

One year, Duffy went "exploring" under the xmas tree and discovered that we had stupidly put wrapped bones under some other gifts. We came home to wrapping paper strewn through three rooms, up the stairs, and Duffy, happily chewing on a big rawhide bone in the middle of it all. My parents found it a good deal less amusing than my brother and I. :snork_lach: Moral: Nothing comes between a Westie and his bone.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Just like the kids - just couldn't wait until Christmas!  :rendeer:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

Moral: Nothing comes between a Westie and his bone.

That is a fact and anything that tries is usually chewed on as well! Thanks Darlin those are both great stories!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users