Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oy Vay!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

"There is a concern here that the Jewish community will be portrayed as the Grinch."

First Walmart, now Seattle's Airport.  And the beat goes on......

You're a mean one, Rabbi Bogomilsky

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I saw this item on my own wonderful news site UnFoxNews (he said, in his typical way of promoting his boring web sites) and it did occur to me that some Fundie types, possibly as well as a severely bloated and drug-addicted right wing radio moron type, might seize this opportunity for some good old fascist holiday fun.

I say, let's declare all out war on Xmas trees. Wait, no I don't.

I think in this case I'm happy to sit idly by and watch all the folks that are afflicted with religious beliefs hate each other for Jesus.

[move]Bart Simpson says "Christmas is a time of year when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ".[/move]

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I've got a quote to match.

"As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living! So we all sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep."  --Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
This one's not very christmasy, but it's pretty funny:

God: Here, let me light that for you, babe.
(Zap with Thunderbolt to the cigarette)
Girl: Hey, thanks!
God: Yep, magic fingers (chuckles).
(Zap with Thunderbolt to the girl incinerating her.)
God: Jesus Christ!
Jesus: What?
God: Get the Escalade! We're outta here!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Whatta bunch of weiners! I live up here near Seattle and that's all they talk about on the frigging news! Who gives a shit? When I go to the fucking airport I don't give a shit if the place is decorated with dead horses! Just get me through the fucking paranoid security and get me on the fucking plane and give me a fucking drink!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
WELL FUCK ME BLIND! I just saw on the news that the airport is putting the fucking Christmas trees back up now! Jesus CHristo haven't these ignorant assholes got anything better to do than decorate? WHO GIVES A SHIT? This stupid kind of nonsense gets to me almost as much as finding jesus images in dog assholes and Mary faces in tree stumps! I could give a rats ass if they put a fucking manger scene on the steps of the capitol and carved the ten demandments on fucking mount rushmore! If all these politically correct pudfuckers would spend as much time on productive endeavors rather than worrying they might offend some religious fanatics maybe the world wouldn't be in such a fucking mess. Instead of worrying about "In God we trust" printed on our $$, maybe they should figure out how to make it worth more! I am actually happy that my old friend the Rabbi isn't alive to see this nonsense. He would go to that asshole Rabbi that started this and slap the shit out of him.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
So, if they're putting the trees back up, does that mean they,ve decided to put up the menorah as well?

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
The 'Christmas tree' is a pagan Teutonic fertility symbol, otherwise known as the tannenbaum, which has NOTHING to do with Jesus one way or another.  Aside from the obvious wastefulness of cutting down a tree for decoration, just to throw it away a few weeks later, I don't see what the big deal is.  Why don't we remove blinking Christmas lights too, because of how offensive they are to epilleptics?  I say go ahead and add every fricking symbol you want, from whatever solstice festivals you can think of, if you're going to have any at all.

Hanukkah is actually a very minor Jewish holiday.  Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashahah are more important than the festival of lights.  Sheesh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users