Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blogs?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Any thoughts about incorporating a blogs (aka rants) area into the site?  That might be a nice way to get people to contribute more stuff that doesn't quite fit in the forum structure.  The Atheism News page sparked my interest.... it's very blog-like in its set up.  It would be nice if we had a sound-off page like that.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This idea appeals to me quite a bit, but it would have been a lot easier if this were done before the rest of the site was built.

It would certainly be the case that this blog would have a different layout and design than this forum or the other pages here. But what could prolly be done is that the layout of the blog could be applied to the pages outside the forum like Atheism News, Atheism Videos, Science News, Books, and Links.

I'd want to use Wordpress for the blog, as I know exactly how to spambot proof it, I helped sponsor the development of an extremely vicious Spambot torturing script.

I imagine I'd make the blog the home page of the site, or it could be a page off to the side I suppose.

So the first step seems to be identifying a suitable Wordpress theme. I'm looking at
http://themes.wordpr...09/blueblog-10/

This really would be a lot of work because this site already is mature and fully populated.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Plus, I guess if anyone wanted to start a blog, they could make a running entry in Ollie In Free, no?  That might be a quick, painless alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users