Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm embarrassed as hell, I should've seen this!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I haven't been online much the past few days, because a great big limb fell off of a dead tree - right on my tent. Luckily for me, I wasn't in it at the time, I was out getting stark raving drunk, but it turned out that even had I been in my bed I wouldn't've gotten even so much as a scratch or a bruise (though I might well have succumbed to a myocardial infarction!). Once I stumbled to camp, and realized I'd never get it moved that night, I was able to sort of slither into it and go to bed. It took me a while to find a saw I could borrow to cut it up so I could move it, but I got it done, and my tent's not too much the worse for wear - only one pole broke, but I have duct tape, so I can fix anything. My stuff got a bit busted up, but nothing I can't live with. Good thing Pinky was watching over me, huh?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I'm glad you were not harmed. Material things can be replaced, you are unique.

I'm glad Pinky inspired you to get shitfaced instead of having that shit hit your face.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
The reason it's embarassing is that I've been in the woods enough to know to look for those kinds of things before erecting a tent, and I didn't even consider the potential. I did notice it a few months later, and got worried about it, but I was hoping it wouldn't come down, since it looked pretty substantial. I thought about trying to tie it or block it off of my tent, but I procrastinated and never got it done. But I'm looking at the bright side, now I no longer need to worry about it!

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Pinky watches over everyone, ya know. He knows when even the tiniest sparrow falls from the sky. He knows, because he is psychic.

I'm glad nothing happened to you, UB. Take care!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users