Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ideas anyone?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Everyone here is smart when it comes to Religion, and a small while back, I received a site from a man who is quite Ungodly. He asked me to make it a teenager site, and so I shall. I just need a few essay ideas, and hopefully after the winter break www.atheismrules.com will be ready for viewing.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
How about an essay "Why Nine Inch Nails are more important than Jebus".  Or substitute any other band.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
How about the dilema so many young folks have of being around, conversing with and still remaining friends with religious types?

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
How about the religious "Unawakening" of the teen and the internal struggle that goes along with rejecting one of the core teachings of your parents and community leaders?  I keep hearing these 20- and 30-somethings saying how tough it is to 'come out of the closet', its got to be brutal for a teen.

You should also address the whole socio-religious issue like Coyote says...add to that the issues of dating (not only her, but her family), college selection (I guess no St John's for you)...stuff like that.

I'm probably your dad's age, but I would love to read stuff like that to gain an insight.  The young atheists are the future.

Swear allegiance to the flag
Whatever flag they offer
Never hint at what you really feel
Teach the children quietly
For some day sons and daughters
Will rise up and fight while we stood still

Silent Running - Mike Rutherford

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Thanks for the ideas you guys. It turns out that, I now have another writer in a friend at school which is a good sign. The more the merrier.:P

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Satire.  You've definitely got to throw in some satire.  Adding a sense of humor to the site will attract more visitors, and give you something to talk about in addition to all the serious (or cynical) issues.  Additionally, sometimes an argument is better expressed and better received in the form of comedy, rather than a vanilla essay.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
Bump

(thread bumped)

Note:  This thread has been bumped

Thank you, carry on.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
Where the hell is TopHat?

For that matter, where the hell is WC?  Jeezus!  Do we have to start scanning the obitiuaries?!
:roll:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
They both are very naughty boys, it's just that they are supposed to be naughty here.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Maybe they went spelunking and decided to stay.  :snork_lach:

http://www.smh.com.a...6851012045.html

That or the rapture got 'em. :snork_shok:

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts

They both are very naughty boys,

I'm OK with them being naughty, I just don't want them to be dead or seriously ill!

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Don't worry, I'm alive but extremely busy. I'm trying to get 5 credits for shcool this year, and on top of that, I'm trying to prepare for an audition for Hamlet in Hamlet.

I check in here every day.:)

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
Hi TopHat!!

I'm glad to hear you are busy and doing good.  I hope you get that role of Hamlet.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts

Don't worry, I'm alive but extremely busy. I'm trying to get 5 credits for shcool this year, and on top of that, I'm trying to prepare for an audition for Hamlet in Hamlet.

I check in here every day.:)

Well you enjoy being busy.  You are at a time when being busy is de rigeur.

Please do keep checking in every day, and keep being the same person with whom we all enjoy exchanging messages and such, and, you know.

Hamlet!  Wow, that's some real emo street cred.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

"This above all: to thine own self be true"

:snork_lach:

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
Just yesterday, I was telling my 16 year old how each stage of life is fun and I told him to enjoy his teenage years. 

Gawd!  If only I could be a teenager again knowing what I know now.
:shock:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts

Just yesterday, I was telling my 16 year old how each stage of life is fun and I told him to enjoy his teenage years. 

Gawd!  If only I could be a teenager again knowing what I know now.
:shock:

Then I was afraid to do things, now I'm upset with myself for not doing those things.

Storybook

Storybook

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6,177 posts
I'm still often afraid to do things!

Do now what you wish you had done back then.
:Smiley:

Superior Savior

Superior Savior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFRINTON
Silent Knight is right that we need a sense of humour, though i don't think UnGoldly needs telling that. It's pretty hard to talk about the pompous traditions of the Catholics or the absurd beliefs of the Hindus without it sounding like satire, even when it's presented seriously. No I AM AN OUTRAGED ATHIEST lark unless you're satiring the outrage Christians feel every few minutes of their life because some people arn't exaclty like them in every concievable way.

Also, Flat Earth's idea some kind of mock-ish 'support group' for teenage athiests who're "coming out" with their unawakened beliefs (like they have for teen gehs and teen born-agains) would rock. I know for a fact that it's hard to be a teen athiest, even in the "unawakened" European EUtopia of England, I can't immagine how hard it is in the United States of Abraham.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users