Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Great Flood

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
I didn't read every word of every post. Sue me, goddamit!  :Wink:
The "Noah flood" very likely happened. There's archaeological evidence to support the idea of a regional, catastrophic flood in the middle east, around that time frame.
I'm thinking some old timer, like the White Coyote, gathered up his animals, his wife and kids, and rode the storm out in a big ass boat.
Later, when interviewed by the local media (equipped with papyrus paper and state of the art ostrich plume pens) he couldn't help embelleshing a bit.
"Yep, the good lord told me that the shit was about to hit the fan, and told me to be prepared. I talk to the lord, quite a lot".
The local media, not that much different than the current day Faux News, couldn't help embelleshing a bit.
This just in! God gives detailed plans for building escape vehicle, and advises farmer to gather up two of every living creature! Story at 11!

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I suspect a lot of bits of the OT stories are based on half-remembered details of things that actually happened. As someone elsewhere pointed out, there really were pirates in the Caribbean. So are the films with Johnny Depp true? I think not.
:farao:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

I talk to the lord, quite a lot".

As a matter of fact I talk to God everyday. That is when she ain't hiding my slippers or chasing the damn cat!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Watched a program today on TBN about the Ark. I at first thought it was a spoof or satire and then realized they were dead serious. That made it all the funnier. They had a "scale" model of the Ark sitting in a wave tank being tossed around by "scaled" waves of 50 to 60 feet. The little boat was about a foot long and made of plywood. Some "Professor" type of fundy was standing there saying how feasible and seaworthy this thing was. What a hoot! I am an engineer and just for shits and giggles I "scaled" this box up myself. Figuring this boats wall thickness was approx. 1/8 inch I scaled it up and came up with a true size wall thickness of the Ark as about 4' 6". Now I don't know much about forests in Noahs day but my bet is there werent many plywood factories around that coughed up 54" thick slabs of gopherwood. This is the "scientific" nonsense they feed these christians and they just eat it up. If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be sad. And . . they still make the claim that they have "found" evidence in Tibet of the ark on some mountain even though I have watched a documentary that proved it was an illusion and not wood at all. How stupid can a person be?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

How stupid can a person be?

Do you mean naturally stupid or intentionally stupid?

There are limits to how naturally stupid a person can be, take Our Glorious Christian Leader. This guy is so dumb that the Secret Service guys have to punch him in the chest every morning to get him to start breathing.  If he was much dumber even the Secret Service guys could not keep him alive.

Now when it comes to intentional stupidity, the kind in which a person convinces themselves that there is some bullshit Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddy and then begins attributing ridiculous commands to their super-pal; there is no limit to this kind of stupidity.

Imagine 2 people in a neighborhood having some quarrel. A year goes by and the two bump into each other, figuratively, in a public place. Neighbor A begins to apologize to Neighbor B and asks to bury the hatchet, as the saying goes.

Neighbor B tells neighbor A that he is having a hard time forgiving him, but, he says, I have a plan. I'll have my son come live at your house for a few years and then you can kill him, I'm sure I'll be able to forgive you once you kill my son.

I rest my case.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

How stupid can a person be?

A person can be smart - people, on the other hand, are "dumb, panicky, dangerous animals", to quote one of my favorite movies, Men in Black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users