Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Happy Solstice, or Happy Seasonal Holiday Gift Man Day, to YOU

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I'd like to wish a Happy Solstice or, as we call it at my house, a Happy Seasonal Holiday Gift Man Day to everyone that can see this message.

To the wonderful, lovable, sensible people who form the core of this forum community THANK YOU for participating here and helping to make this place the fun, supportive, informative, and friendly environment it is. This place would be nothing at all without YOU!

It is logical and sensible to celebrate the Winter Solstice, and it is well known as one of the oldest rituals in human history. Many ancient societies all over this planet figured out the calendar and the timing of the seasons. It was essential to life to be able to predict and prepare for the changing of the seasons. And once a society was able to keep time in the most rudimentary way it became obvious that the days grow longer and shorter according to a predictable and easily understood fashion.

So, by celebrating the end of the days growing shorter we are in fact celebrating the beginning of a solar new year. We celebrate that spring is now drawing nearer, that the weather will soon start to warm up again, and we celebrate those closest and most dear to us.

Pay no attention to the dumbass religions that have tried to hijack Seasonal Holiday Gift Man Day and turn it into a superstitious custom.  I mean, sure, wish your neighbor a Merry Christmas if you know they are afflicted with Christianity, but wish them a Happy Solstice too because it is a logical and sensible custom.

At our house we call this day Seasonal Holiday Gift Man Day. It's a bastardized recast of a sketch from a Simpsons TV episode about Japanese people celebrating Xmas. Mostly we give it that unique name to emphasize the fact that we ARE NOT celebrating any kind of a religious or sacred event. We do exchange gifts, and we do wish others well too.

What do you do around the holidays?

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Just in Time for the Winter Solstice

About this time of year or really since before Thanksgiving, we start hearing the familiar tunes of the season.  I love all of the old traditional carols and used to sing all of them. I think one of the hardest things of being without faith is the loss of being included in singing the carols.  I felt guilty if I even hummed them or watched a TV special.  I have come to terms with this now realizing that it is man who wrote the beautiful music. I know that the words are legend and I can sing them realizing I am just participating in lovely music.

I recently found a site that had secular words to a lot of the old carols.  I was thrilled to find them and have sung them and made some little pages for a few of my friends to enjoy. Perhaps you would enjoy listening to them or singing them too. 
OH NO NOT MORE OF LADY'S SONGS  :snork_wink:

sorry  :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

[I have no problem with doing a secular Xmas. Why let the fundies have all the fun?

I agree with doing a secular xmas. So I will share again  :snork_lach: :snork_lach: some songs I do for my friends. HOLIDAY SONGS FOR YOU  Posted Image
It's just who I am. :snork_shok:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
The Most Offensive Song Ever

Howdy Ho.

Virgin Mary was sleepin'
When Angel Gabriel appeared
He said, "You are to be the virgin mother."
But Mary thought that was weird.
Mary said, "I'm not a virgin.
I blew a guy last year."
But then Gabriel said to Mary,
"My child, have no fear."

Oh, you can suck all the dick you want
And still be a virgin, Mary.
You can suck all the dick you want
And still not be considered flawed.
Although you went to town and sucked some semen down,
You're still a virgin in the eyes of God.

There was no room at the inn
When Mary and Joseph did arrive.
But they were so very tired, you see,
And Mary had to offer a bride.
Since she had no money,
How would she pay for a place to sleep?
Gabriel appeared to Mary
And told her not to weep.

'Cause you can suck all the dick you want
And still be the mother of Christ.
If there's no room at the inn, then it's not considered a sin
To suck some dick to get a room for the night!

Then, three wise men did appear
Bearing gifts of myrrh and such
They said that they had followed a star
And missed a woman's touch
Mary thought she might pleasure them
But could not take them to bed.
But again, Gabriel appeared to her
And this is what he said:

"You can suck all the dick you want
Every one that hangs in the nation.
Fellatio ain't no sin. Go on and blow those Three Wise Men
And you'll still be a virgin 'cause there was no penetration!

So, you can suck all the dick you want
The donkey and the ox and the lambs
And even the little drummer boy
People will remember your name quick. They'll say "Damn, that bitch could suck a good dick!"
'Cause sucking dick brings peace on Earth and joy.

'Cause sucking dick brings peace on Earth and joy.
Mary, Mary, suck that dick.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

The Most Offensive Song Ever
Howdy Ho.

That indeeddddyyy is the most offensive one I have ever heard.  I don't know who would ever ever sing that song.  I know I would never ever sing it!  :rebel_shock:

PS ...Could you tell me where to get the chords. :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

That indeeddddyyy is the most offensive one I have ever heard.  I don't know who would ever ever sing that song.  I know I would never ever sing it!  :rebel_shock

I'll bet you'd sing it very beautifully, though!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
One more offensive song...I guess.  It really doesn't offend me.  It really has NOTHING to do with me.. :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:
But I suppose everybody has already heard/seen it.  :Sad: I am probably about 10,20,30 years or more behind.

HEE HEE

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I am probably about 10,20,30 years or more behind.

HEE HEEHEE HEE

For some reason, that reminds me of this:

[url=http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/snoopyred.htm]Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' up the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
of the Bloody Red Baron of Germany

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

HEE HEE

Ya know, I've heard that before, and maybe it's just because I'm a just a bit on the inebriated side, but, damn! ain't he cute?
  :smt030

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users