Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello, all!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
My name is Larry, but some of you may know me as Hippy. Now that my gay dad has given me approval to hang out with the grownups, I'll be checking the place out.
I'm a cranky old fart, but my bark is worse than my bite.
I'll be taking some time to get accustomed to the stuff going on, but will post as soon as I have something irrelevant to add.
Thanks to "FlatEarth" from another board (maybe that's his handle here,as well) for alerting me to the fact that some good old friends are hanging here.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Glad to see you made it Hip! We're a bit more casual here and don't get the religious lunatics and paranoid delusionals over here. Some of the names are different but a lot of the EA gang is here. We have our own poet laureate and songstress here "Lady". You remember TheDarkSide? She goes by "The Force" here. Of Course Unbeliever our resident lookerupperonthenetter. A few others who are all pretty cool.
  I haven't seen an argument or a nasty word thrown here in all these months. Not as big a list as EA but so much more easygoing.
  How's the family? So how do you handle Christmas with your daughter? I know she's too sharp to fall for the Jesus birthday story but do you guys still do the traditional stuff?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Welcome Aging Hippy!  It's good to see another friendly face here.

As The White Coyote has said, people seem to get along here really well. It's a friendly atmosphere and that really makes it more fun.

And don't hesitate if there is a particular religion or politician that you want to rag on, we like ragging on Imaginary Bearded Sky Daddies, the Party of Jesus, and their devilish opponents the Demoncrats.

Oh, and it is especially OK to say mean things about Our Glorious Christian Leader.

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Glad to see you made it Hip! We're a bit more casual here and don't get the religious lunatics and paranoid delusionals over here. Some of the names are different but a lot of the EA gang is here. We have our own poet laureate and songstress here "Lady". You remember TheDarkSide? She goes by "The Force" here. Of Course Unbeliever our resident lookerupperonthenetter. A few others who are all pretty cool.
  I haven't seen an argument or a nasty word thrown here in all these months. Not as big a list as EA but so much more easygoing.
  How's the family? So how do you handle Christmas with your daughter? I know she's too sharp to fall for the Jesus birthday story but do you guys still do the traditional stuff?

Do I know you? Oh, I recognize the dog.  :Wink:
Actually, my daughter only recently gave me the best Xmas present of all. She told me, that after weighing all the evidence, she has decided that atheism makes more sense to her.  :Happy: My kid lives with the ex, and they do the Xmas tree. I do the gift thing, and I hang some lights on the place. I have no problem with doing a secular Xmas. Why let the fundies have all the fun?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
:icon_r&r:Cool Yule!

Our Glorious Christian Leader.

Also known as The Shrub, alias asshole.

Belle says to say Hi to you too HIP! :snork_hams:

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks, Steve! Looks likes a nice place you've created.
"Oh, and it is especially OK to say mean things about Our Glorious Christian Leader."
That comes naturally to me.
How do I do a proper quote?  :snork_depr:

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Aging Hippy! Been a while, but always good to see an old face. Best to spend times with friends.:)

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

How do I do a proper quote?

Grab da quote an puter where you waner.
Highlighter.
Click the little speach bubble motherfucker above the bouncy ball smiley.
Quote accomplished.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I'll be taking some time to get accustomed to the stuff going on, but will post as soon as I have something irrelevant to add.

Welcome,aginghippy. Cllimb aboard. Posted Image No need to wait until you have something irrelevant to add.  Nobody else did.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Hiya, AH - glad you found us. I had trouble at first remembering who was who, but I'm getting used to it (I think.) I'm still me - I have trouble enough remembering one username, I couldn't cope with having different ones.
:farao:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

Thanks to "FlatEarth" from another board (maybe that's his handle here,as well) for alerting me to the fact that some good old friends are hanging here.

Yes, FlatEarth is still FlatEarth, and I'm still me.  Good to see you again.  Just so you know, I have no intention of returning to EA until all the conspiracy theorists and hardcore militant atheists are given the boot.  Since this is not likely to happen any time this century, it looks like I'm here for good.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hey Hippy! Glad you could make it!  :Happy:

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Yes, FlatEarth is still FlatEarth, and I'm still me.  Good to see you again.  Just so you know, I have no intention of returning to EA until all the conspiracy theorists and hardcore militant atheists are given the boot.  Since this is not likely to happen any time this century, it looks like I'm here for good.

I got bored with the fundies and the bickering amongst members on EA. It's a shame, because the "original EA" put a lot of work into that board.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!  :snork_wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users