Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thousands More Dead In Continuing Iraq Victory

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
America marks three and a half years of winning in Iraq, and nearly 3,000 victory deaths

Statistics released by the Department Of Defense estimated that 2,937 U.S. troops and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have died in the ongoing American military victory in Iraq.

"Victory deaths are at a higher level than we had anticipated, yes," Gen. George Casey, Jr. said at a press conference shortly after the figures were released. "But one of the crucial lessons of our Vietnam experience is that a victory, in order to remain victorious, can't be abandoned halfway through, or in the case of Iraq, one-eighth of the way through."

"And significantly more troops may be required if we are to continue to enjoy that victory, especially if this turns into an all-out civil war," Casey added, stressing that it was still too early to deem the victory a "quagmire."

Debate continues over whether U.S. troops should be withdrawn from the Iraqi theater of victory. While some in Congress argue that a withdrawal would force Iraqi leadership to enforce the victory on their own, many military experts say that Iraqi troops remain insufficiently trained and unprepared to handle the daily perils of victory.

President Bush has consistently warned that if we hand over victory to local forces right away, there's a risk that victory may worsen, as Iraqis won't be able to contend with the guerrilla attacks and improvised explosive devices that claim the lives of dozens of the victorious every day.

"We're paying dearly in the form of American lives," Bush said, "but, plainly speaking, that's just victory for you."

Casey's remarks came nearly two weeks after some 200 Iraqi Shi'ites died in a series of car bombs in Baghdad's Sadr City, the largest single victory-related death toll since the U.S. won the Iraq War in 2003.

In an address to the nation Dec. 10, President Bush predicted that, if efforts continue as they have in Iraq, "This could become America's longest victory ever," Bush said.
---
Blessed be The Onion, for they shall mock Our Glorious Christian Leader

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I see the shrub made his annual pilgramage photo-op sidetrip to visit the wounded soldiers and pin their "won't buy a cup of coffee" purple hearts on their pillowcases. I am sure they hand selected the soldiers so that there would not be any chances for embarassing questions or middle finger pointing. What a man, what a leader of men! Whatta phony piece of shit!

I'd like to take the SOB on a walk through our local Vets hospital with all the press with us. I can guarantee the story would be much more interesting.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
What does he mean by "one-eighth of the way through"? Does he expect the Bush's Folly to last 24 years?!

[edit]Ah, dammit! You got me that time!  :smt037 :smt042[/edit]

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'd like to take the SOB on a walk through our local Vets hospital with all the press with us. I can guarantee the story would be much more interesting.

I've heard that the most common injury from this debacle is traumatic brain injury, since the armor is so good at protecting the body, but the head is hard to protect even with a helmet, since the brain can still rattle around in the skull. There are more than 10 soldiers injured for every one that's killed.

"I think the human cost of this war has been largely out of sight," said Paul Rieckoff, an Iraq war veteran and director of the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.

"It is a very violent war and I think the severity of injuries is something that people don't really have an understanding of," he said. "We're not just talking about flesh wounds; we're talking about amputation, blindness, traumatic brain injury. People living who would have died."

Source

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I see where now they are talking of a "Surge" of 20,000 more targets . . .I mean troops, being sent to Iraq to supress the civil war they like to call terrorism in the streets of Baghdad. Another great move by our great leader. The generals are all on board with it and are sure this is the answer to all the problems. It certainly worked well in Viet Nam so why not try it again.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, Biden says he'll fight any troop increase every step of the way, so maybe some other's'll get on board with that and fight beside him.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
So in the ongoing clusterfuck that is the conflict in Iraq, better known as "Bushes Fuckup" Today the court decided that Saddam will be hung within the next 30 days. That's a good idea. Make a martyr out of the asshole instead of letting him rot in jail. I also saw where the number of US troops killed has gone above the number killed in 9/11 (?) I don't understand what those two numbers have to do with each other but the media seems to have some corelation there. Not to be outdone I see where Ethiopia (Shithole) has attacked Somalia (Worse shithole) Because they haven't had nearly enough starvation, civil war and genocide there.

Is it just me or has the whole fucking world just gone apeshit? Do these people realize the kinda $$$ they could make on tourism alone if they would just get their shit together and pool their money towards their own welfare instead of blowing each other up for kicks? Ethiopia is / was the cradle of civilization and the middle east is the motherload of all the great religions. Do you think these idiots have any concept that they are sitting on a goldmine? I hate to be this way but I really think these assholes deserve to kill each other off. I only feel sorry for the poor bastards that unfortunately take the biggest hit from this nonsense, the common everyday citizen who only wants to live a decent life and not be caught up in the political and religious stupidity.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,617 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I understand your sentiment about wishing all the crazies would kill each other, but they seem to aim for innocent people.

I think we should declare victory in Iraq, oh wait, we already did. Now that we have declared victory in Iraq during a staged landing on a ship off the coast of San Diego, it's time to stay the victory course, acknowledge our all-out total victory, oh wait, we did that.

Since we have already won the Iraq war it's time to bring home our surviving soldiers. Let the Halliburton, Shell, Exxon-Mobil, and Bechtel workers stay behind. They'll be perfectly safe now that we have overthrown the terr'ist leader of Iraq and brought peace and quiet to their streets.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Posted Image

I think this cartoon says everything there is to say about the Denials, I mean the Bushes.

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
We must stay the course. If we leave now, it will be the equivalent of admitting defeat in the global war on terror. A democratic Iraq is a safe Iraq. A safe Iraq is the key element to a safer middle east. To leave now, before the "job" is finished, would be an insult to those that have died, and an affront to those still bravely fighting for world peace. How will you look the mother of a dead soldier in the eye, and tell her that her son died for nothing? Because, tucking tail and running, before Iraq has been completely stabilized, will make the death of her son meaningless. Shame on ALL of you for even suggesting that we abandon the cause!

Fuck! I really must stop watching Fox News!  :snork_shot:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

How will you look the mother of a dead soldier in the eye, and tell her that her son died for nothing?

It's easy when you are president and stupid, you just get someone else to do it!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, you don't even have to sign your name, just get a machine to do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users