Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Jersey guarantees equal rights for civil unions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
From one of my local papers:
Corzine enacts civil unions

What's next?

# The timing: Couples can register for civil unions beginning Feb. 19.

# The benefits: Whatever married couples get, from inheritance rights to hospital visits.

# The "marriage" debate: Gays will press on to include the word "marriage" in the law; social conservatives are proposing a number of bills to restrict marriage to one man and one woman.

Additionally...

On Wednesday, Corzine signed a bill that pledges $270 million to build a stem cell institute where researchers will seek medical cures using human embryonic tissue seen as sacred by some religious groups. The day before, the first-year governor legalized needle exchanges for drug addicts, which proponents say will cut down on blood-borne diseases like HIV and AIDS.

The only downside is that this is bad news for any straight men who want to marry other men. :drunken:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
That's like what I was saying on that other thread... http://aintnogod.com...31.html#msg2231 ...if Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon knew they were going to torment each other in 4 crappy movies, why shouldn't they marry?  They should have been able to at least reap the financial and social benefits of having to see each other's ugly mug for 1500 straight days!!!!!

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society
Civil Unions - Many municipalities might refuse to cooperate. Apparently, the State assumes it can dictate to them what they can and cannot do. They are not even represented in the State government. Besides, there are over 560 municipalities, so some are sure to cooperate. If the State wants to make sure this gets done, it should do it itself. Or maybe I'm just dreaming, thinking these things chould be built from the bottom up rather than force fed from the top down like a god issuing commandments. This is a win for civil liberties, but also a win for a Christian-style dictatorship.

Stem Cell Research - This is being done off of borrowed money. I hate when they do that.

Needle Exchange - I don't get it. The municipalities were not allowed to make such a program, but now six are? Were hospitals forbidden to do this voluntarily?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users