Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official: Saddam to be executed tonight

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Why the rush?

I think the Bushies are eliminating a potential witness to some of their crimes. Why else be so precipitous?

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Of course. They can't risk holding on to try him for the murder of the Kurds, or the defence may just call Rummy as a witness. I see Fox News are already salivating at the prospect of showing the execution live on TV. Sit down with your kids and a KFC Family Pack, and watch a human being (albeit a particularly nasty specimen, though not by any means the worst) get killed.
:farao:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I wonder how much extra death will be caused by this hanging.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Can it be justified? We are talking about a man, who WANTS to die. I see more of a punishment for him to live.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Killing Saddam just creates a bigger and better martyr. It will serve no genuine purpose other than a revenge factor. I think they should have just let him rot in jail.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Well...it's done as of about a half hour ago.

So now we begin.  Well, good luck all.  I hope none of you or yours are in the buses/trains/buildings/shopping malls that will fall victim to this rush to "justice".  May Hank watch over all of us.

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
I'm glad they executed him. Sure, his death will be used, by the batshit crazies, as another excuse to...well...go batshit crazy. But, do they REALLY need an excuse?
If you are against the death penalty, in general, then of course you will have a problem with it, and I respect that. But, if you are a proponent of the death penalty, as I am, then surely you can't think of anyone more deserving than this sub-human piece of shit.
BTW, wasn't he tried by an Iraqi court? Mustn't we respect their verdict and subsequent sentence?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,616 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I think most of the trouble caused by this execution will be added to the existing trouble in Iraq.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I aint got anything against the death penalty in general. Matter of fact I could come up with a pretty good sized list of candidates I wouldn't mind pulling the lever on myself.  I just think in Saddams case it's just going to add more shit to an already overflowing pot. Then again it's such a clusterfuck over there who'd know the difference? Just don't like the idea of any of our boys taking the hit for Saddams sake ya know? Only time will tell if it was the "right" thing to do.

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Then again it's such a clusterfuck over there who'd know the difference? Just don't like the idea of any of our boys taking the hit for Saddams sake ya know? Only time will tell if it was the "right" thing to do.

Snuffing the asshole is the right thing to do. But, I agree it would have been nice to have our servicemen/women home, before they got around to "doing the right thing". Let's recap:
We went to Iraq because of WMD's.
When there were no WMD's, we were suddenly there to "liberate" the Iraqi people. Liberate them from what? Oh, Saddam. That was 3 years ago. 3,000 American deaths later, we're still over there. And, we're expecting our kids in uniform to maintain order after the Iraqi's decided to execute their former president.
I often wish there WERE a hell. Because, if hell had a waiting list for a good seat at the fire, GW Bush would get preferential seating, even beating out Saddam himself.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,616 posts

I often wish there WERE a hell. Because, if hell had a waiting list for a good seat at the fire, GW Bush would get preferential seating, even beating out Saddam himself.

You seem to like Our Glorious Christian Leader as much as I do.

aginghippy

aginghippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

You seem to like Our Glorious Christian Leader as much as I do.

I honestly try to exclude the word hate from my vocabulary as much as possible. But, I fucking hate George W Bush. But, I console myself with the knowledge that he is the most "hateful" human being one can imagine. He hates everyone that disagrees with him, and justifies his hate with some insane belief that his hateful god is pleased with his actions. Just seeing his smug little image on TV makes me ashamed to live in a country that would have him as their leader. He embarrases me, and I don't like to be embarrased for no reason. There just isn't any way to adequately express my contempt for the man.
Any questions?  :Wink:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

Just seeing his smug little image on TV makes me ashamed to live in a country that would have him as their leader. He embarrases me

He embarasses me as well Hip but try not to hold it against your country. Remember Bush won the election illegally and unscrupiliously. He was not elected by a majority and his dramatic drop in the polls show his approval rating as the lowest ever of any president. That alone shows that we are definitively not alone in our feelings toward this moron. We can only hope history is as unkind to the shrub as his ineptness is in his office. Hopefully we will come out of this national shame, wiser and more skeptical than we were before.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Speaking of embarassing. I use to ignore the shrub when he would come on TV, but recently I noticed I no longer can do that. Now, instead of ignoring him, I actually find myself changing the channel. Last night I found myself prefering an adult diaper commercial over a soundbite of George. When a patriot and veteran prefers listening to some old coot speak about the security and dependability of an absorbant undergarment as opposed to a snippet of speach by the leader of the free world, it's time for everyone to step back and take another look. I am not embarassed,  I am ashamed to have him as my president. What a turd.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I actually get physically ill watching "Chucklenuts" on TV, and even listening to a speech of his on the radio is more than I can take. I can just about tolerate the soundbites I get on progressive radio, but I pity poor Kathy Malloy. She listens to everything Bush says publicly in order to garner the soundbites Mike uses on his program! Talk about a sacrifice, she's a real hero, in my book. 

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Do we have to respect the Iraqi trail?

Yes, because it is a different culture and that's how cultures are.

I however, think that by letting him die, they are allowing people to justify future actions top come as stated above.

Right now justification is not what is needed. Proper peace solving methods are. Maybe by leaving Iraq some better things will happen.

This situation reminds me of a book called Enders Game. In it there is a group of kids who are supposed to fight aliens. They are chosen because they are the smartest in the whole world, and the aliens are like aunts. This book takes place as if the cold war was happening and then this happened. I feel that the situation it reflects reminds me of what happened to the world. Suddenly, everyone was so moved to fight "terrorism" in 2001 in September 2001 after a threat that harmed almost anyone appeared. Afterwards we banded together for a time being, then suddenly you see the reaction of people. A common reaction is how American soldiers who ended up going to Iraq( which had nothing to do with terrorism)  and the soldiers are looked at with hate just like the kids in Ender's Game.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
It seems to me as though every one of our allies across the world (a dwindling number, I suspect) should be worried as hell, because all it would take for the same thing to happen to them is for the neocons to believe they've got a reason to make war against them, and all kinds of things can be dreamt up to justify murdering them the same way.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,616 posts
The British have Weapons of Mass Destruction and Nukular Weapons. Plus there are lots of atheists in the UK trying to destroy the fabric of society. Maybe we should invade Britain next. We might have to count Tony Bliar out of this one though.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
When the news of Saddam's execution were splashed across the front pages the next day, my dad stated that he wanted to watch the whole thing. I agreed that Saddam deserved to die, but watching the execution of any person for entertainment, no matter how monstrous they were, is subhuman. I reminded him that it wasn't very christian to take pleasure in death and vengeance, he got really pissed, and the conversation ended. :snork_lach:

Anyone else want to watch the execution, if you could? All I need to know is the guy's dead, and that's good enough for me.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Anyone else want to watch the execution, if you could?

Nope, not me. When I heard there was a video of it, I wasn't the least bit surprised, after the Bush crime family aired photos of Saddam's sons' corpses. All I could think of when I heard about the video of Saddam's hanging was "Who'd want to actually see that?" But I knew that many would, and that it would first air on Fox's website. I still haven't viewed it, and I don't intend to, even though it's all over the web by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users