Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armageddon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I watched a very interesting show today on Discovery. All day was stories about the end times and what could wipe out humans on the earth. Looks like disease, overpopulation and serious global warming will probably do us all in eventually. It was interesting though that they had 4 religious "experts" on and each one of them had a different opinion of the end times. One, a fundy, was convinced that we will see the end in our lifetime, that the Antichrist is alive right now and that the rapture could happen at any moment. Another, a revelations skeptic, wasn't so sure and said that according to the prophecies there was an awful lot of very dramatic changes that had to take place before the end, such as rebuilding the Temple in Israel which just so happens to be occupied by the Moslem folks right now. Still another, a Rabbi said that since Jesus does not even come close to the Messianic prophet that we aren't even close. The last was a biblical scholar and quoted the verse that says basically, that anyone who even tries to guess is full of shit and going against the will of God. (I liked his style)

As far as the naturally occuring disasters that are predicted to occur just before the end, you only need to pick any era in history and you'll be about 75% correct.  As far as the man made "warnings" marks on the forehead and hand etc. etc. again just pick a time and you'll be able to find something which corelates very well.

It did however get me thinking about all the different religions in the world and about all the prophecies of "The End" Do any of you think we are in the end times? Do you see the world as running on the fast track to self destruction? Will those of us alive today witness the end of mankind? Do we deserve it?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

Do any of you think we are in the end times?

Not me.

Do you see the world as running on the fast track to self destruction?

No, not a fast track. Headed for self destruction is possible but not inevitable.

Will those of us alive today witness the end of mankind?

No.

Do we deserve it?

Yes, and a right good spanking too.

Silly buggers end times talk,  :Smiley:  are you takin' a piss?   Takin' the Mickey?  What is this end times crap, sure we deserve it, but that does not mean it will happen.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
The "End Times".... as in an elderly staghorn beetle telling the juvenile beetles gathered around a campfire about the amazing creatures called You-manz who used to rule the Earth but are now as dead as the dinosaur?  I don't think that will ever happen as long as the planet can sustain life.

But, having said that... read the first half of The Stand by Stephen King, before it gets all strange and supernatural.  The first half of the book describes a tiny breech in security in a desert bio-warfare development compound.  Before it is sealed up, one guy manages to get out, grab his wife and take off.  That one guy eventually manages to kill 95% of the Earth's population by incidental contact...or if not The Stand, 12 Monkeys has a similar "doomsday" premise.  Now THAT I can see happening.  Some souped-up superbug killing millions of people simply by being spread by air travel or money handling.  A chain reaction of infection and spread, infection and spread.

But short of a global catastrophe, I just can't see the total elimination of all humans anytime soon.  And certainly not by any rapturing skyward of a bunch of crazed losers or other such silliness.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I'm not so sure? I don't believe in prophesy but it doesn't take a bunch of religious lunatics to see we are heading for the abyss on a fast freight. The whole global warming thing, the division of peoples and all the superbugs that we have created with our antibiotics makes me wonder? I wonder how much more the old earth can stand before she rebels against our careless ways? Nature has a way of "cleaning House" if the shit gets too deep and I just wonder how much deeper we can go?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
Oh heck, I can relate to the possibility of a mankind-induced failure of earthly systems we depend on causing us great misery and/or death. It just won't resemble anything in the BuyBull except by coincidence.

As we continue to tie up oxygen molecules with carbon, must we not at least by some percentage be reducing the oxygen free in the air for us to breathe?  So as we continue to harm the air will oxygen become a prized commodity?

We could ruin it all, and that would be a shame for a very nice planet that I happen to like a lot.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hey, check out these "mansions" at the Rapture Ready site:
http://www.rapturere...s/mansions.html

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

When I saw those pictures of the mansions in heaven, I thought it was a big joke. But when I found the site that it came from...that rapture stuff was dead serious. It wasn't so funny then.  It was pathetic.
I have been working on some more song pages for my website and this one about the rapture seemed to fit right here.  Sure wish I had written the words.

COME THOU LONG EXPECTED RAPTURE

Posted Image

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Say it ain't so... Oh, bugger, it is. Maybe the whole thing's a spoof. I mean, leaving behind letters for your "loved ones." If I was a cynic, I might think someone was making a great deal of money out of that stuff...
:farao:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
I think we should consider the possibility that you might be a cynic and someone is masking a great deal of money from certain foolish persons.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, Steve, I'd say that's a distinct possibility!  :snork_lach:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
YA THINK? :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Regarding global heating, I've seen two extreme views on it that are more common than I'd like to admit.  One side says that it isn't real, doesn't exist, or that there isn't enough evidence to support it.  The other side says that it will cause a mass extinction, bring an end to human civilization, and destroy the world as we know it.  Both views are incorrect.  Air quality today is actually much better than it was 50 or 100 years ago.  As nations industrialize, you'll see an increase in emissions, but then that spike will decline and level out as they switch to better technologies and clean up their act.  The US for one has certainly come a long way since the smog-filled days of the Industrial Revolution.  Is there still more that can be done?  Hell yeah.  That's why it also pisses me off that people like Bush are so intent on destroying 30 years worth of hard work and environmental regulations.  If we're going in the right direction, it makes no sense for some idiot to come along and derail it on the basis of his extreme views.

The fact of the matter is that the world is always ending for someone, in some place, at some time.  Civilizations rise and fall, eras and ages come to an end, and new ones begin.  The book of Revelations was written about events that had already happened at the time, most likely the Roman siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

I like the Quitter Mansion, except for that damn stone wall.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

COME THOU LONG EXPECTED RAPTURE

Posted Image

Dude, do you have any mp3s? This is good stuff and I would love to add it to my collection.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Dude, do you have any mp3s? This is good stuff and I would love to add it to my collection.

Hi Dud,
I honestly don't know what mp3s are.  :roll:  I just enjoy singing. I sing them for myself and you all here are the only ones that ever hear them. And if somebody likes them, it makes me very happy. I feel like I have to do something for the cause. Even if I just work on the songs and the web pages and nobody sees them, I feel like I have released some of the frustration and anger I have.

I really don't have anybody to talk out loud to and of course everything we post here is silent. Perhaps others of you don't have an out loud voice either and know what it sounds like. There is lots of noise going on inside my mind, but it has no oral expression. So I sing about it.  And friends and family are so used to hearing me practice and sing that they don't pay any attention to the words or the pages I am making.  It's just me doing my hobby.

OH OH...Sounds serious and sobby doesn't it. It was meant to be.  I love all the jokes etc here, but sometimes I need to  :Sad: a little.

I have put together a little site of my songs and perhaps you will like these too. HERE

I keep updating when I find new songs.

DUDE

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,830 posts
Cool Stuff, Lady

I especially liked His Truth is Just A Con.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I really don't have anybody to talk out loud to and of course everything we post here is silent. Perhaps others of you don't have an out loud voice either and know what it sounds like. There is lots of noise going on inside my mind, but it has no oral expression.

I know what you mean.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Wanna know how to fix that guys?

Write, write, write, write, write, write and write some more. Eventually you will realize that your thoughts are more than just ideas and that they have value to others as well and you turn it all into a book.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier

Oh, good to see that there's still going to be discrimination and class warfare in heaven, except based on "spiritualism" instead of money. I think I'll take my chances in hell. :smt096

rubberglass

rubberglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMost likely in the one place your not looking...
That is the craziest, most ironic, nonsenical and whimsical bs i do believe i've ever seen in my life.....  Well I'm shooting for bill gates mansion but will probably end up in some rubble by train tracks :snork_lach: :snork_shot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users