Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armageddon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

you all here are the only ones that ever hear them.

I was going to spread your voice out on the web, because I didn't think we should be the only ones to be priviledegerd to hear your beautiful voice and your wonderful lyrics. But then I thought, "Ah, who needs all those other dweebs? let 'em come here if they wanna hear ya!"

We love ya, lady!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I was going to spread your voice out on the web, because I didn't think we should be the only ones to be priviledegerd to hear your beautiful voice and your wonderful lyrics. But then I thought, "Ah, who needs all those other dweebs? let 'em come here if they wanna hear ya!"

We love ya, lady!

Unbeliever, I know for sure you are my biggest fan. Hope I don't scare anybody away.  :Tounge:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I really don't have anybody to talk out loud to and of course everything we post here is silent. Perhaps others of you don't have an out loud voice either and know what it sounds like. There is lots of noise going on inside my mind, but it has no oral expression.

I know what you mean.

Wanna know how to fix that guys?

Write, write, write, write, write, write and write some more. Eventually you will realize that your thoughts are more than just ideas and that they have value to others as well and you turn it all into a book.

I understand what you mean about writing. And I really have come along way by even joining this forum. I am registered to a couple of others but do not participate.

But my comments really had a different meaning. By noise in my head I do not mean any great ideas or original thoughts etc. I simply mean that all my chatter even here in the forum is silent chatter. And all the thoughts I have on no belief are just roaming around in my brain. In other words I have no real time friend to just talk with.  Oh sure some of my friends and my husband know where my sympathies lie. But it is not a subject to discuss and never any arguments occur.

I had a dinner party over the weekend. We postponed the time so a guest could attend Sat. afternoon mass. That was find with me. No problem to come at 7 instead of 6.  And part of the conversation was about the mass, the flowers, new church members and other such (nonsense). Again no problem with me. It was just part of the cocktail conversation. My problem is that I have no friends to make casual conversation about atheism . Oh sure I could interject it somewhere.  But I am not seeking to be confrontational. Just wanting those little 2 minute blurbs that friends have in the course of daily life.  I am sure there are others who perhaps understand this need.
Well, I guess I have given more than a 2 minute blurb!!  :snork_okok:

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I've had a similar problem for a long time. Many of the people I work with are from various religions - the woman at the desk opposite mine is a church warden! And though I get on with them very well, I do occasionally have to bite my tongue in the interests of working relationships. However, a new member of staff is an out-and-proud atheist - she recently had a Humanist "naming ceremony" for her small daughter, which sadly I was unable to attend as it would have been my first! It is so nice to be able to talk openly to her!
:farao:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I too have very few people with whom I can discuss atheism. Yesterday I made what may turn out to be a grave error - I told a preacher exactly what I thought of him and his "message". I gave him my e-mail address and the link to God Not Found, but so far I haven't heard from him. I consider it to be very dangerous to talk about such things with people who have physical access to me, because they can potentially turn quite violent, especially if my arguments have any effect on them, because they believe their immortal souls are in danger if they so much as question their faith.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

COME THOU LONG EXPECTED RAPTURE

Truly sublime! Thanks to Jerry Phillips for the lyrics, and thank you lady for such a, uh, rapturous voice!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

COME THOU LONG EXPECTED RAPTURE

Truly sublime! Thanks to Jerry Phillips for the lyrics, and thank you lady for such a, uh, rapturous voice!

Yes, his lyrics are really great.  So many unfaithful lyrics are rap like and I can't undertand what the  :rebel_evil: they are talking about.  Can you imagine Lady rappin' ?  :snork_lach:
Tempt me not.  :snork_tanz:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I too have very few people with whom I can discuss atheism. Yesterday I made what may turn out to be a grave error - I told a preacher exactly what I thought of him and his "message". I gave him my e-mail address and the link to God Not Found, but so far I haven't heard from him. I consider it to be very dangerous to talk about such things with people who have physical access to me, because they can potentially turn quite violent, especially if my arguments have any effect on them, because they believe their immortal souls are in danger if they so much as question their faith.

Now I am feeling a little guilty for whinin' and whimperin' about having nobody.  :snork_blin: I do realize there are others. But if preacher boy ever goes to your site he may never get out.  I know I go there once in a while and just keep linking deeper and deeper.  :snork_lach: Confuse 'em.
I recently send a friendly email telling some friends not to send me religious stuff any more or else I would send them some things they might be offended with.  I haven't received any word back. I just keep sending them the regular jokes etc still.  A bit sad as I was not mean spirited at all. And that seems to be the problem with so many.  They have double standards. I can say what I want but you can't.

I think that is why I idolize Dawkins so.  He says it is ridiculous that we can't criticize beliefs..any beliefs. Religion is no more immune to question than fairies.
It has made me a bit brazen. But I feel I have the right to be so.  :Smiley:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I agree about Dawkins. He is fantastic.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

Wanna know how to fix that guys?

Write, write, write, write, write, write and write some more. Eventually you will realize that your thoughts are more than just ideas and that they have value to others as well and you turn it all into a book.

I keep thinking that I will do that some day, but I know that even if I had a completed manuscript I would never get it published because I would not believe it is any good. That would also involve communicating with other people and I really don't like talking to strangers. So I hide behind fancy screen names which is only a little safer.

But that's different from what Lady was talking about. I don't talk to my coworkers about religion because I have to see them almost everyday for the foreseeable future. I never really know what to say so I keep things interesting by saying something bizarre. For example, "Do you know why it's getting colder?" "Why?" "Because the Earth is getting closer to the Sun." "Wha.. but wouldn't that make it warmer?" "Hey, I didn't make the rules." This has the unfortunate side effect that people think I'm either crazy or retarted, at least until I convince them that I am absolutely correct in which case they think I'm a genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users