Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Database Crash Repaired, Thursday 01/04/2007

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,829 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I discovered the forum broken with a database crash this morning. I was able to repair the database, but it is conceivable that one or more messages could have been lost.

If you posted a message here between 9PM PST last night (Wednesday) and 8AM this morning it prolly was lost.

Sorry. There was an incident yesterday that required a reboot of this server, that may have started the database corruption.

Steve

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I discovered the forum broken with a database crash this morning.
Steve

Got up early this morning and thought I would stop in the ANGF.  I got a blank page and then tried several more times. Thought for sure I had done somethng or lost the link etc.  Waited a bit and tried again and nothing. Was a bit unhappy as I enjoy my time here.  :snork_tanz:

What to do? I had Steve's other news pages saved and found the forum link there.  Since it still didn't work, I knew it wasn't me. Decide to read a bit of his news stuff etc. Also looked at some of his pictures. I spent 2 and a half hours reading there Posted Imageand could have read more. He really can write and write and write. What an interesting life Steve has had.  I suppose it is not any more interesting than the rest of us, but he is so capable of writing about it and may I say not shy about telling us about it. He tells of his early life and different bloomings. I read intimate details of which first made me blush. Posted Image But after several encounters, it became a bit boring.(to me at least)  :snork_lach: I read of happy times and then of times of much sadness. In all that I read, I sensed purposefulness.  Life may not always give us what we want, but let's keep moving and see what comes next.  Don't regret or rue over what happened or what might have been. Posted Image Look forward to the coming chapters.  At least that was my impression.
I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures of his travels, family and companion.  Best of all were the pictures of his computer room. A mess of cords, wires and stuff. I guess that is where it all happens. Posted Image

So perhaps it was good that the site broke down for a bit so I could learn more about Steve.
I will next read some of his stories and probably add a flush and a blush to my cheeks. Such is life.Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,829 posts

So perhaps it was good that the site broke down for a bit so I could learn more about Steve.
I will next read some of his stories and probably add a flush and a blush to my cheeks. Such is life.Posted Image

Oh My!  I'm glad you can't see me blushing :-)

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Aw Jesus Cristo Lady! Now you've gone and gave that fag a big swollen head! He'll be hard to live with now. Everytime one of us says something nasty about the little queer he'll reference back to this post.  [smilie=grayball-intent.gif]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,829 posts
Poor White Coyote, now he'll have to admit how great his queer pal is.

And thanks for pointing out  the strategic value of  Lady's comments, I might have missed it and lost out on the advantage.

:Wink: :Tounge: :Wink: :Happy:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
AAWWW    SHIT! :puker: :smt078 :puker: :smt078

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I guess shit really does happen, after all! I was firmly ensconced in a motel room during the period in question, and I'm glad I was, since, if I'd found the site in disrepair I'd've suspected fundy hacking as the cause. My usual response to such things is "Don't panic!", so I'd simply have returned periodically, until the site was back up. Glad you're on the ball, Steve, to keep the board in good shape! Thank Pinky!
:snork_okok:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Poor White Coyote, now he'll have to admit how great his queer pal is.

And thanks for pointing out  the strategic value of  Lady's comments, I might have missed it and lost out on the advantage.

:Wink: :Tounge: :Wink: :Happy:

Coyote              OR                    Ungodly

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    Catch a fundie by the toe
    If it squeals let it go,
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

My mother told me
    To pick the very best one
    And you are it.

Coyote                  OR                    UNGODLY

Coyote, go play with your Paper Dolls  :snork_lach:

The White Coyote