Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Amazing Meeting 5 (also called TAM5)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Since my lovely husband is an active member of the James Randi Educational Foundation, even doing high level technical support on their web server, he and I will be attending The Amazing Meeting again this year.  As a matter of fact, we will be going a few days early in order to setup a network of web cams. The images from the web cams will be uploaded to a web server, possibly this server, where they will be available for all to see.

Instead of using ordinary web cams we'll be using an array of Canon digital cameras with remote control software that will trigger each shot and save the image files to disk. Then, using some code that does not exist yet, we'll transfer the files to whatever server we end up using and some other code based on a image sharing setup my husband previously designed and which runs on this server now.

I'm still undecided about taking my massive digital SLR and lens collection, but I think I prolly will.

There is still time to make plans to attend TAM5 in Lost Wages Nevada, at the Riviera, January 18th through 21st.

Attached Thumbnails

• tam5_600.jpg

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I too am a member of the JREF board, but I haven't visited there in quite a while. I used to enjoy the limericks thread, but it lost its novelty, eventually. Knowing that your better half attends there, maybe I'll go for a visit again. My name there is St._Hereticus.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts

Knowing that your better half attends there, maybe I'll go for a visit again. My name there is St._Hereticus.

He really is my better half too.  Meeting him was prolly the best thing that ever happened to me.  He often serves as my Earth ground, gently bringing me back into touch with reality.

As you know, we ended up missing TAM5 because of my mother's passing away.

There are others here who are active on the JREF forum.  I find it less to my liking than some other forums, perhaps largely because of the huge volume of messages per day that results from the thousands of active users.  There is also a powerful trend toward nitpicking and naysaying that I see in practice there.

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm a mod on the JREF forum and I also run a chatroom where Ungodly's better half spends an inordinate amound of time.

http://www.skepticsrock.com/chatnow

or

irc.skepticsrock.com #jref

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts

I'm a mod on the JREF forum and I also run a chatroom where Ungodly's better half spends an inordinate amound of time.

Lisa's message is completely free of exaggeration.

It is also true that my lovely husband is where the buck stops for technical escalations involving this server and/or the JREF server. He's got root!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users