Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Group Behind Virginia Anti-Gay Amendment Now Targets Divorcing Straight Couples

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
(Richmond, Virginia) The organization that mounted the successful bid to amend Virginia's constitution to block same-sex marriage, civil unions and domestic partner benefits says it will now concentrate on making it more difficult for straight couples to break up.

Voters approved the gay marriage ban in November.  Now the Family Foundation of Virginia has begun a drive to end no-fault divorce in the state.

Full Story

---

Have they decided what type of underwear we should all wear too?  Oh no, that's Utah.  Now I remember, Utah is for Mor[m]ons and Virginia is for Haters.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Oh good. Yet more people who think that every marriage could be a fairly-tale ending with a little forced counseling, and that every woman who comes in for an abortion is so stupid and morally bankrupt that she has no clue what a fetus is. These people apparently think that domestic violence is a lie made up by them uppity feminists. Hopefully, voters will not put up with such invasive meddling in complex and private matters.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
You mean you don't think it's better for a man and woman to live their lives in absolute misery and despair rather than separate and perhaps find other mates who might make them happy? How about if only couples married in a church can't be divorced? YOWSUH! Now there is an idea! :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
But...but...think of the poor children! Isn't it better for them to live in a household where they've got both a mommy and a daddy, even though there's nothing but hate and violence and alcohol and drugs all the time?

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Those fucknuts actually should have gone ahead and done that FIRST so that they wouldn't expose themselves for the hypocrites that they are.

Like I've said though, this just goes to show it isn't president Bush you should worry about, because it's the people who run the country, not the president.  All those bible humping rednecks who voted for him are the ones you need to be worrying about, because they're the ones who support the same kinds of policies he does.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh, believe you me, I'm worried as hell about them, even though I live at the far end of the country from them. I guess we've got a few, though, even here in sunny California.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

Now the Family Foundation of Virginia has begun a drive to end no-fault divorce in the state.

Meanwhile, in New Jersey, lawmakers find "no fault" to take too long and decide that people should be able to simply cite "irreconcilable differences" and get a divorce posthaste. Apparently, the bill presently sits on our divorced governor's desk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users