Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stupid design?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
You're gonna love this one!

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Stupid Design

It's too bad we don't get the rest of his talk, but I saw Richard Dawkins in the audience! Tyson only mentioned the major things that can hurt or kill us, many things, like acne, are just too numerous to exhaust. I think I'll google the fellow, see what I can find.

[edit]Well, there's this:
http://research.amnh.org/~tyson/
[/edit]

NietzscheWho?

NietzscheWho?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
Highly entertaining, and right on more than one point. Love the part where he says "aborted feces", I just had to stop and watch it three times. Nice find, thanks for putting it up.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

You're gonna love this one!

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Stupid Design

It's too bad we don't get the rest of his talk, but I saw Richard Dawkins in the audience! Tyson only mentioned the major things that can hurt or kill us, many things, like acne, are just too numerous to exhaust. I think I'll google the fellow, see what I can find.

[edit]Well, there's this:
http://research.amnh.org/~tyson/
[/edit]

Thanks for the Neil deGrasse Tyson site.  The clips are from the Beyond Belief Conference mentioned in others places in the forum. They are really good as was the entire series.  :Smiley:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'll try to find more clips from the conference; I couldn't attend, but I was there in spirit!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I'll try to find more clips from the conference; I couldn't attend, but I was there in spirit!

Were you invited?  :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Uh...in spirit!

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I didn't recognize the name at first, but I do know who he is.  He's often one of the guest speakers on various NOVA programs on PBS, including "The Elegant Universe" (2003) and one that aired tonight on human aging.

The human body needs more holes.  Heheh. :snork_lach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users