Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bush's "new" "plan"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'd like to make a couple of comments about the latest "plan":

1. I think Bush is hoping the Dems won't allow it, either by witholding the needed funds or some other way, in order that he'll later be able to blame them for future failures in Iraq. He'd say something like, "See, if only I'd been allowed to surge more troops, this fiasco wouldn't've happened. It's those Democrats who made us lose the war!"

2. The main problem, as I see it, is that whatever we do now in Iraq, all we can do is make a guess and hope like hell it turns out right. Unfortunately, a stab in the dark is unlikely to produce good results, since there are so many more ways to make a wrong move than there are to make a right one. Guesswork is no way to fight a war, or govern a country.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I'd like to make a couple of comments about the latest "plan":

1. I think Bush is hoping the Dems won't allow it, either by witholding the needed funds or some other way, in order that he'll later be able to blame them for future failures in Iraq. He'd say something like, "See, if only I'd been allowed to surge more troops, this fiasco wouldn't've happened. It's those Democrats who made us lose the war!"

Yes, I had the same thought. It's the only way they can make lemonade out of the mess they have created.

2. The main problem, as I see it, is that whatever we do now in Iraq, all we can do is make a guess and hope like hell it turns out right. Unfortunately, a stab in the dark is unlikely to produce good results, since there are so many more ways to make a wrong move than there are to make a right one. Guesswork is no way to fight a war, or govern a country.

Good results right now means reduced violence.  Withdrawing our troops is the one thing we can do that is most likely to reduce the violence.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
And RE: withdrawing our troops....if I hear one more over-moussed moron with microphone clipped to his lapel drone on earnestly about how "withdrawing the troops at this time is clearly not an option", I will just friggin' scream.

Why not?  I haven't heard one even halfway decent argument as to why not.  Look...the place was a toilet when we found it.  It's a toilet now.  100 years from now, you know what it's gonna be............?  A TOILET!  So what the hell have we got to lose (aside from maybe a little face) by flying in a shitload of troop planes and getting these boys and girls (yeah...lots of those are teenagers losing legs and taking bullets in the throat) the hell out of there.  Immediately is not fast enough.

Funny...whenever the war starts, you always hear about Quick Strikes and Lightning Advances and First Responses.  When it comes to ending the war though...its a Gradual Reduction, an Orderly Retreat, a By-The-Numbers Process.  For Hank's sake!!!  Isn't getting out exactly the time you SHOULD be moving quickly?!?!?!?!?!

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
Near the end of the Vietnam War it was all about obtaining an "honorable peace" as if to suggest some forms of peace were just too peaceful.

We need a Presidential candidate with a secret plan for peace.

We need a party that meets both of the following criteria:
1] Not the Republican party
2] Has some measurable pulse

It's a shame that despite having 2 whole parties we don't have a single one that pays attention to the will of the people. We made it clear as recently as November that we do not like this phucking war and we do not like Our Glorious Christian Leader.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I don't believe an immediate pullout is the answer, but I also don't believe that sending in more targets is an answer either. What I believe would be the best answer is to let the shrub increase the troop levels on the contingency that a deadline date be cast in stone with the Iraqi government of a total troop pullout. It is time for the middle east to grow the fuck up and handle it's own problems and it's about time for us to get a leader that will lay that on the line and say it like it is. That includes Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran and all the other shitholes ove there that can't even control their own populations. It is not OUR problem and quite frankly I don't give a rats ass who we buy our oil from. If it wasn't for the crude nobody would give a shit. It has nothing to do with democracy or human rights at all. Look at Saudi. They're just downright oppresive but no one sees the US going in and bombing them.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Right idea, baaaaad timing.  This move comes about 4 years too late.  The start of the operation would have been the best time to go in with overwhelming force, not nearly 4 years after MISsion accompLishED.

On the plus side, Bush finally admitted he's made a mistake.  Hooray!

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I'm telling you....every time I see The Butcher of Bethesda he looks ten years older.  Maybe there is a conscience in there somewhere?  Maybe the death, destruction and dismemberment IS taking some small toll on him?

Nah...its probably all the pressure he's under by his oil buddies to stop being such a wussy and get in there and kick some OPEC ass!

Posted ImagePosted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Could be all the liquor.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts

Could be all the liquor.

I think we should all chip in to buy him a big shipment of pretzels.

rubberglass

rubberglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMost likely in the one place your not looking...
I smell an assasination attempt.

http://news.bbc.co.u...as/1758848.stmĀ    :Wink:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
If I said I was guilty the man would come by and lock me up.  So, my comment is "Wow, Pretzels of Mass Delight" (PMD).

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
How does one get a big rasberry on their face from falling off a couch? What's the white house floor made with, #100 grit garnet paper? Looks more like a fall down drunk rasberry to me.

rubberglass

rubberglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMost likely in the one place your not looking...

If I said I was guilty the man would come by and lock me up.  So, my comment is "Wow, Pretzels of Mass Delight" (PMD).

Ahh yes smart man :Wink:

If only we had found something so deadly in Iraq it might have been worth it :snork_lach: :snork_shot:

I don't know maybe the dog bit him when he passed out?  I mean they could have said he naterally passed out instead of the cleaver ruse of choking on a pretzal.  I mean why would anyone want to make the president look like a complete idiotic dumb piece of shit.... :snork_shok:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
Maybe it is remotely possible for White House staff to experience brief pangs of conscience.  I'm just saying it could be possible.

Maybe they are so embarrassed by him they keep trying to slip us a clue. For example, by letting Our Glorious Christian Leader speak in public.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I smell an assasination attempt.

http://news.bbc.co.u...as/1758848.stmĀ    :Wink:

Look how he's throwing that ball! He looks like a "gurly-mahn"!  [smilie=loopyblicking.gif]

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
So is it unanimous? We all chip in for a 15 gallon can full of pretzels? Let's get the jumbo size for Our Glorious Christian Leader!

A simple baked snack for man, but a true blessing for mankind.

Let our leader know how much you care, so to speak.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
So today I was listening to the news and the shrub came on and basically told you, me and congress to go fuck themselves, he was going to escalate the war regardless of what anyone wants. So much for a representative form of government. Even the republicans are wincing at this shit. Guess he figures since he's out of a job anyway he might as well make sure all his oil buddies are taken care of so when they boot his ass out of the white house maybe one of them will give him some sort of bogus position. Sure as hell wouldn't want him to have a real job.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
If you ever had any doubt that Georgie Boy was at his master's beck and call, this should erase it.  He knows this is a bad idea...he knows the public as well as both parties and the rest of the world are against it...hell, I would be willing to bet that he doesn't even want to go forward with this.  But he has no choice, any more than we do.  There are men much more wealthy and powerful than he making these decisions.  He isn't making this call nearly so much as he is carrying it out.  He's just the crowbar...an underling toadie to people invisible and unheard, yet nearly as all-powerful as the biblical spaceman he prays to.  He's like the mid level manager who brings you your pink slip or informs you of pay cuts.  He delivers the news and takes the heat, and they reap the rewards at our expense.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,620 posts
How utterly cynical and accurate.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
If I didn't believe it myself, I'd say it's a conspiracy, but I know it is so why say it. You are correct again FlatEarth except I actually believe he is not only following orders, but he is doing so with an ideal that he is doing the right thing to bring armegeddon one step closer. The shrub is a lunatic but inside that twisted chickpea sized brain there is a fundy that is begging for recognition. He wants to be able to prove he is right, at least one time in his life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users