Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bush's "new" "plan"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
He's failed at everything he's ever tried to do, so why should this time be any different? Now he's calling himself "the Educator in Chief"! I think he's just trying to "catapult the propaganda". How can even he speak of himself and education in the same sentence? Or even the same paragraph? Hell, even the same language? That's one child that definitely got left behind!

Hadley says the previous Congress snuck money in ahead of time, so the present Congress has no lever. It'll be interesting to see how this play out.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Todays newest NBC poll has the shrubs approval rating a whopping 30%. The lowest of any president since Nixon got caught and shortly afterwards resigned. The state of the union speech would be an excellent time for all the politicians to show their disdain for this moron but instead every time he waves his little dick they'll applaud and cheer him on. I don't have the stomach to listen.  :puker:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I also have no stomach for this guy, listening to him makes me physically ill. Besides, we already know the content of his "speech": lie, lie, 9/11, lie, lie, terrorists, lie, lie, 9/11, lie, lie, terrorists...and so on, ad nauseum. He won't tell us that he lied to get us into this "war" for his oil buddies, he won't tell us why he sent an innocent Canadian to Syria to be tortured, he won't tell us where all the money has gone that Haliburton stole from us, he won't tell us how we're going to pay our national debt, most of it owed to China, and he for sure isn't going to tell us when our best and brightest will be coming home. I wonder, though, how much his approval rating will increase after tonight. Too many Americans will eat right out of his hand if he just tells them what they want to hear, just like they would a preacher.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
They will cheer him and believe him because he is a Republican...the Official Party of Jesus.  But that reminds me.  What the hell is wrong with old people?  Why are old people so overwhelmingly Republican?  Consider...

When they were children, a Democrat led them and their parents out of the depression (FD Roosevelt).  When they were teenagers, a Democrat made certain they were served lunch in school (HS Truman).  When they were hitting their primes, a Democrat pushed the country towards the 21st century (JF Kennedy), and when they were getting long in the tooth, a Democrat tried like hell to protect their retirement and social security (WJ Clinton).

So, how to repay 70 years of Democrat introduced and run programs that have helped these folks out in every stage of their lives?  Why, join the OPoJ, of course.  Complain about how Democrats only care about immigrants and unwed mothers after they themselves have spent a lifetime being housed, clothed, fed and nursed by the very programs they now oppose.  "I got mine, now y'all can go to Hell!" is their battle cry.

In my opinion, anyone over 70 who stands with the OPoJ and its representatives should be ashamed of themselves.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

Why are old people so overwhelmingly Republican?

They are on a fixed income and need to control their expenses. So they vote for the one who promises tax cuts. Even when these cuts are from borrowed money, they will be dead soon and not have to worry about the future tax situation.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Why are old people so overwhelmingly Republican?

They are on a fixed income and need to control their expenses. So they vote for the one who promises tax cuts. Even when these cuts are from borrowed money, they will be dead soon and not have to worry about the future tax situation.

I think you might be combining two entirely different folks.  The ones on a fixed income are being strangled by home heating oil at 3 dollars a gallon, Medicare cuts and rising prescription costs.  The don't have enough money to worry about tax cuts.  They just hope the social security infrastructure does not collapse until after they're dead.

The ones who are concerned with tax cuts are an entirely different breed.  Believe me, I'm surrounded by them.  They have every dollar they ever made and are now "on top".  They've totally forgotten what is like to struggle and they view anyone they don't consider in their 'class' as lesser humans.  They want to die with all their toys, and if they can keep someone else down while doing it - all the better.

Tyger Tamer

Tyger Tamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOutside of Society

I think you might be combining two entirely different folks.

I am actually thinking about those people who move to Florida when they retire.

Maybe it's the old age that makes you conservative, and then get fooled into thinking that Republicans are conservative. "These kids today... I was never that age when I was that young!" "I used to walk a million miles in the snow you lazy bum!" "Democrats are evil communists!" etc. The old habits have worked for so long that they feel no need to change their ways and will resist new ideas.

Or maybe one of the old people here can give a better generalized explanation?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
One reason may be that older folks are prone to be religious folks and Bush is a fundy lacky. They see him as supportive of the Christian movement and therefore they slip that way. Another reason is the "new" republicans preach "old fashioned values" and irregardless of whether they practice them or not, the older folks like that kinda talk. There are many reasons and a big one is the way Democrats have been painted as liberal, welfare loving, immigrant loving peacenicks that would allow Gay marriage and other such issues that would surely destroy our country from within. Next thing you know there will be fags running amok and all our schools will be promoting the homosexual agenda. Just ask Steve, he's just waiting for his chance. :snork_lach:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Type this in Google and hit enter:    miserable failure

Check out the first thing Google finds

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

I think you might be combining two entirely different folks.

I am actually thinking about those people who move to Florida when they retire.

Or maybe one of the old people here can give a better generalized explanation?

Gee, I'm a very old geezer who moved to the California desert to retire, and I think I'm not much like a conservative.

But I do agree that there is a tendency for elderly folks to be "conservative" or more specifically reactionary.

I think old people tend to fear change, so they seek to protect the status quo.

Once the Repugnicans successfully tarred the Demoncrats as radical hippie revolutionaries the old folks were going to disagree with any comment or proposal from those young whippersnappers.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Gee, I'm a very old geezer who moved to the California desert to retire, and I think I'm not much like a conservative.

But I do agree that there is a tendency for elderly folks to be "conservative" or more specifically reactionary.

I think old people tend to fear change, so they seek to protect the status quo.

Once the Repugnicans successfully tarred the Demoncrats as radical hippie revolutionaries the old folks were going to disagree with any comment or proposal from those young whippersnappers.

"Conservative".  There's the funny paradox.  Conservative?  Look at the programs I mentioned and other parts of their lives...New Deal, school lunch, social security, the space race, color TV's, Elvis, three major wars.  These people lived during the most tumultuous 75 years in history!!!  How can they claim to pine for the "old days".  What old days?  These peoples lives changed drastically damn near monthly.  If anything, these should be the first crop of elderly who can appreciate the cutting edge and social change.

Somebody said it earlier.  It's a fear mentality, no different than Commies in Hollywood, Defcon 1, and Orange Alerts.  I feel sorry for them, I really do.  They should have been leading the charge and offering the next generation a lifetime's worth of experience while passing the torch of progress instead of "okay, I got mine...we can stop the world now".

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Good old days  =  Fist fights instead of gun fights
                        Pour out the beer instead of alcohol rehab classes
                        Use your lunch money to buy some weed instead of rob a 7-11 to get meth
                        Get clap instead of aids
                        gas was $.50 a gallon, smokes were $.75 both very reasonable
                        Democrats were the working mans party
                        Republicans were the rich mans party
                        No one ever heard of a Moslem except some black boxers
                        Christians were quiet likable folks next door

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
O the times they are a changin'