Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AIN'T NO GOD FORUM DIRECTORY

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Hi All,
I really like reading everyone's posts.  I learn a lot from the information articles or links that members share.  I know this forum is held together by our common unbelief and by posting about our "favorite subject". Reading your funny responses and the back and forth is so entertaining and helps to lift some of the load of lonliness.

Yet I feel we surely have more to share with one another.
My favorite things to read in the forum are those posts that let me know more about you. Little by little I start getting a picture of some of the members.  I think this perhaps contributes to the friendliness here.  We see members as people and not just as dispensers of information.

I am offering to make a little ANGF Directory which would include some information about each member that would like to participate. I like to make little web pages.  Gives me something to do. :Smiley:
I have started a Directory and made a page for myself.

I would like to make a page for anyone and everyone that would like to be included. In order to make the directory I will need some imput from you. Then I will take the info, make your page and put it in the directory.
What kind of info?  Well, just about anything. (just about...be nice!)

Favorite books, movies, sports, games, foods, places, quotations, hobbies, family info, job info, likes, dislikes, your website or your favorite website ( I would need links to each) picture if you want. ( I would need a link to the picture....maybe from photo bucket or such ?)
Anything else you can think of that you would like to share.  Heck, make up something.
So I hope you will humor me and let us all know more about you.

Now, how do you get the information to me?  Send me a PM with what you would like to see on the page. I may have to edit it a bit if anybody sends a book. :snork_shok: I can't guarantee what your page will look like.  Probably just silly LADY stuff. :snork_lach:

Lady

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
White Coyote has shown courage and submitted his info. Posted Image
You can read about him in the directory.

I learned somethings about him and looked up some others.  I had never heard of a Gandy Dancer.  Posted Image

And I would love to have one of those Henna Tattoos. Posted Image

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Thanx Lady. I like the howlers!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
THE FORCE is really one busy gal.
Check out the directory to read all about her.  :Wink:

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
TopHat has taken time off from writing his novel to write something for the Directory.  :Smiley:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, but I've been working on a project, and hadn't the time. But better late than never, huh? So here it is, for what it's worth:

Music - any and all, but I like metal, classical, blues, swing (big band) and hot jazz the best. I especially like Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull. And Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. And the Beatles.

My favorite movies are (not necessarily in this order) :
The Medicine Man
The Fifth Element
The Princess Bride
Dr. Strangelove
Cool Hand Luke
Gangs of New York

Books:
Fiction:
I like sci-fi mostly (especially time travel stories), some fantasy, some horror. The book I've read the most (at least 10 times, I've lost count) is The Walking Drum, by Louis LaMour. A book I only read once, but enjoyed greatly, was Giles, Goat-boy.

Non-fiction:
I enjoy reading science books about astronomy and cosmology the most, but I read a lot of books that pertain to all the sciences. My favorite is probably Lewis Caroll Epstein's wonderful Relativity Visualized. I've just finished Richard Dawkins's book, The God Delusion, and enjoyed it tremendously. I'm now reading, among other things, God and Caesar in America: and Essay on Religion and Politics, by Gary Hart.

Hobbies:
Chess, puzzles of various sorts, hiking in nature, surfing the web, arguing with fundies, and, above all, reading, reading, and more reading. I read incessantly, almost compulsively. I even read while walking down the sidewalk, if the light's good. I listen to a lot of progreesive radio talk shows.

My favorite quote:

The Discovery of the Future[/i],"]We look back through countless millions of years and see the great will to live struggling out of the intertidal slime, struggling from shape to shape and from power to power, crawling and then walking confidently upon the land, struggling generation after generation to master the air, creeping down into the darkness of the deep; we see it turn upon itself in rage and hunger and reshape itself anew, we watch it draw nearer and more akin to us, expanding, elaborating itself, pursuing its relentless inconceivable purpose, until at last it reaches us and its being beats through our brains and arteries...It is possible to believe that all the past is but the beginning of a beginning, and that all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn. It is possible to believe that all that the mind of man has ever accomplished is but the dream before the awakening...
Out of our...lineage, minds will spring, that will reach back to us in our littleness to know us better than we know ourselves. A day will come, one day in the unending succession of days, when beings, beings who are now latent in our thoughts and hidden in our loins, shall stand upon this Earth as one stands upon a footstool, and shall laugh and reach out their hands amidst the stars.

If that quote's too long, let me know and I'll find a shorter one.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Sorry it took me so long to get to this, but I've been working on a project, and hadn't the time. But better late than never, huh? So here it is, for what it's worth:

WELL THIS WAS TO BE TOP SECRET UNTIL REVEALED IN THE DIRECTORY!  :snork_aber: :snork_lach: :snork_aber: :snork_lach:
I guess Unbeliever really is working on that project. His brain just got tangled up in that mobius strip.  :snork_shot:

I guess nobody has to look in the DIRECTORY to read about Unbeliever 'cause you already read about him.  :Tounge:  :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Uh...OOPS?  :oops: Maybe there's still time for me to remove it and post it to you in a PM?

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Uh...OOPS?  :oops: Maybe there's still time for me to remove it and post it to you in a PM?

We would be glad to hear more of your secrets and or dirt.  :Smiley:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

We would be glad to hear more of your secrets and or dirt.   :Smiley:

Hmm...well, if I told you my secrets, they'd no longer be secrets, would they?  :Wink:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Don't let him fool you Lady. There's a lot about ole Unbeliever that he aint telling. Don't worry buddy, your secrets are all safe with us. :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I like to put instant coffee in my fruit juice, especially OJ!

Whew, there, I've finally gotten it off my chest - I feel so much better!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Unbeliver was lucky he got his info in on time.  If some of the others don't, I may be forced to make up something about them Posted Imageand I have a pretty good imagination.Posted Image

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Hobbies:
Chess, puzzles of various sorts, hiking in nature, surfing the web, arguing with fundies, and, above all, reading,

Here is a puzzle I found for Unbeliever.. :snork_lach: or anybody. THE PUZZLED ATHEIST

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Dang, I've only just come across this post, but I've only got 8 minutes left on the library computer! I'll copy the puzzle quickly, and see if I can give you the answer in the morning. I do like that type of brain teaser, thanks!

Hopefully it won't take me an eternity!  :Tounge:  But I won't have access to the combination checker, so I hope I don't need it. I'll just have to make do!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I fer sure ain't a gonna work it.  :roll: I'll go for 666 though.  :snork_shok:

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
        ? ? ? ? ? ?
        1 3 2 3 3 2

x + y = 2z      <math for clue 2 and 5>
x + z = y
1 + 3 = 4
1 + 2 = 3

first three numbers equal 6                                        c
1st plus 4th  = 2x3rd and 2x6th                                  c                                     
2nd an 5th are the same                                          c
sum of them is both 1/3 of the 1st and 4th and             
2/3 of the 3rd and 6th
1st + 6th = 4th                                                      c                                                                                 
all numbers together is +1 then all numbers minused.

c = correct

This is what I got. Unfortunatly, I cannot seem to get the answer, I wonder what Unbeliever got. hurry back so I can see the brain teasers answer.:P

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I haven't got it figured out yet. I didn't have a lot of time last night to write it down, and when I went home and looked at it for a while I realized I was unsure on a couple of points. I didn't know if it was only the digits one through nine, or if zero could be included. I decided that since zero wasn't mentioned, it was possible it could be one of the digits. Also, when it said the second and fifth digits were the same, I was unsure whether it was the digits or their sum that was 1/3 of the first and fourth, and 2/3 of the third and sixth.

I've got it now, though, and will report when, and if, I get it solved.  :smt102

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hmm...I've just realized that I may have been making an invalid assumption - the puzzle states that the "combination" is made up of 6 numbers, but it didn't say it was a 6 digit number. I was beginning to think there is no solution, but maybe if I try six numbers, instead of six digits, I might be able to come up with something. I'll get back to ya!

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Hi Tyger Tamer!
Thanks for your info.  I had never heard of Dio before. Posted ImagePosted Image
I did read about him/it.  :snork_lach: Maybe you can direct me to a site so I can listen to a tune or 2...something short Posted Image and not too loud.

I really have had fun making the pages and have learned a lot of new things. Your interests have taken me to different sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users