Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ungodly Out Of Town

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I won't be around much for a while. I've been called to the east Coast  as my mother is critically ill
and not expected to recover.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Best wishes my friend. I'll be thinking of you both.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Be well, Steve, we'll hold the fort and keep the light on for ya.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
The best thing you could do is go out there.

We'll be waiting your return, and be thinking about you.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Thinking of you, Steve.
:farao:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
My mother passed away peacefully this morning. All 4 of us, her children, were there with her along with my husband and my sister in law.

She had suffered from a number of very painful illnesses for many years. her long struggle has ended.

Her persistent optimism, unconditional love, acceptance of others just as they are, and her consistent practice of never saying an unkind word about anyone caused her to be highly respected and loved by all those who knew her. 

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
Steve, I'm sorry.

Hopefully you'll remember the good memories you had of your mother, and the times you spent together.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, she wasn't alone when she left, and she knew she was much loved. Which of us could ask for more?

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
Thanks guys

It was a peaceful passing for her, as we made sure the doctors kept her on morphine until the end.  The people at the hospital in West Chester PA were extremely kind and compassionate.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I am sorry to hear this.
I am sure you could have written much much more about her, but your one sentence about your mother was a wonderful tribute.  We should all strive to be remembered that way.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I personally think that it's more important how a person lived, than how they died. Your Mother must've led a very good life, to have such a loving family.

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I've been thinking of you all weekend. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Very sad to hear your news, Steve. It's a very tough path to walk - you're never old enough to loose your Mum. I'm glad for you that you were able to be there, and your family. She will never really die while you all have your loving memories of her. But be aware that it will take you a very long time, maybe forever, to "get over " this - really, "get over" is not the right word at all. I wrote this once before, and people liked it - I originally wrote it when my mum died, twenty-three years ago now.

There was a beautiful valley where you loved to walk on the soft green grass in the shade of the trees. Birds sang, and butterflies danced among the flowers. Then one day a great bulldozer tore a huge hole out of the valley, ripping up the grass and the flowers, scaring away the birds and the butterflies, leaving an ugly red scar on the land.

You sat down on the side of the valley and wept. You cried for a long, long time - it felt like you would never stop. And then at last, when you looked at the valley, you realised that your tears had filled up the hole, making a tranquil lake which reflected the blue of the sky. Around its banks the reeds had grown, sparkling dragonflies darted across its surface. The grass and the flowers had grown again, and the birds and the butterflies had returned.

Your valley will never be the same. But now you can walk in it again, and though it is sometimes painful to remember it as it was, you can look at the lake and know that it is still a beautiful place.

:farao:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
As is my peoples custom, I have planted a small flowering plant in the earth to assure your Mothers space will be filled. I have carefully placed her next to Larrys Mom (Hippy) and the Rabbi and some other very important people, two legged and four. Her space on this earth will be forever filled and remembered and all of our tears will water her well. Be at peace my friend.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
Dear Friends,

I'm back home now.  Mother's funeral was just as she would have wanted it. 

Our daughter delivered a beautiful eulogy.

As is my peoples custom, I have planted a small flowering plant in the earth to assure your Mothers space will be filled. I have carefully placed her next to Larrys Mom (Hippy) and the Rabbi and some other very important people, two legged and four. Her space on this earth will be forever filled and remembered and all of our tears will water her well. Be at peace my friend.

Thank you, my good friend. I started crying as I read this, but it was a good crying, it was letting it out.

I have many good memories, and by the time I lose them I will not notice.

Mother might have said "You have to take the bad with the good." And you do. Life requires death just as joy requires sorrow.

But your gesture is so marvelously wise and naturally healing. Using life to preserve life. Pantheism has its merits.

Thanks

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Glad you are back.  I believe you are up to the limit for losing people this year as am I. So please inform your family and friends that no one else is allowed to pass on for at least 11 months okay? I have informed everyone I know that if they feel they need to die within that time frame, that they must at least fake it until next December. I mean . . there is a point! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts

Glad you are back.  I believe you are up to the limit for losing people this year as am I. So please inform your family and friends that no one else is allowed to pass on for at least 11 months okay? I have informed everyone I know that if they feel they need to die within that time frame, that they must at least fake it until next December. I mean . . there is a point! :snork_lach:

Conversations of just this sort were heard at every table during the post-funeral luncheon.

I even told my ex-wife when she asked if there was anything she could do "Yes, just stay alive".

The next family event shall be my daughter's wedding in October, and I have every intention of having a great time at that gathering.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I remember those conversations very well. In 1989 I lost 8 people in my family. It go so I dreaded to answer the phone and all the calls began with, "I got some bad news." 

Just say NO, to death!

Of course only the good die young . . . I'll probably live till I'm 125. :snork_lach:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

My mother passed away peacefully this morning. All 4 of us, her children, were there with her along with my husband and my sister in law.

She had suffered from a number of very painful illnesses for many years. her long struggle has ended.

Her persistent optimism, unconditional love, acceptance of others just as they are, and her consistent practice of never saying an unkind word about anyone caused her to be highly respected and loved by all those who knew her. 

Steve,

My sincere condolences, and my apologies at not writing sooner.  I missed this message completely.  You know, of course, that you have the love, thoughts and support of all of us here.  Welcome back.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,613 posts
I've spent some time in the last week scanning some photos of my mother and going through my own photo collection as well. The result is a collection of photos of my mother that I put together for my family. Folks here are welcome to have a look if they are interested.

My eyes are blue.  You'll need to know that to see these photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users