Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Baby Abandoned at Church

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
So this morning it's all over the local news (Seattle) that somone left a newborn on the steps of a Catholic Church during Sunday services. The baby seems to be in good health so it stnds to reason that it was abandoned because the mother, for whatever reason, did not feel she could care for the little guy properly.

Now there is a law in our state that says a baby can be left at a hospital or fire station within 3 days of birth, no questions asked. The only stipulation is the child must be "handed over" to a qualified attendant at the facility. Seems reasonable.

My problem is this. Since this occured the news stations and church and police have been in an absolute panic trying to find the babies mother. They keep saying that they may charge the mother with child abandonment and other charges and you know they will make the entire episode a total clusterfuck if they do find her.

This poor mother, probably a catholic, finds herself in a dilema and tries to do the best for her baby. She of course couldn't use birth control because of her churches adherance to archaic bullshit and an abortion was totaly unacceptable so with the circumstances she tries to leave the baby with the only institution she trusts and they "turn the baby over" to the CPS. They threaten her on TV and say that she is WANTED.

Is it just me, or does this just sound so wrong? I mean what the fuck are these churches suppose to be doing? Whatever happen to feeding the hungry, healing the sick and taking care of the helpless? I mean I know their priorities have changed to raping altar boys, covering your ass, stashing away money and running the republican party but wouldn't you think they could at least give a show for the televison?

I feel so sorry for this little mother. She did the best she could with what she knew and they turn around and hunt her down. I can't imagine what she must be going through.  :Sad:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
This kind of thing pisses me off no end.  Coyote, you saved me 15 minutes by already saying everything I was thinking.  Plus, this woman could just as easily dumped the baby in a garbage can or in a plastic bag behind Staples like so many others do.  So now the next woman might.  If you are going to appear on America's Most Wanted next Saturday for bringing your baby someplace it will be cared for, what motivation do you have NOT to put him in a dumpster?  This is exactly how people acquire a "well, if I'm gonna do the time...." mentality and stop doing the right thing.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,828 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
This poor young lady should have sweetened up the offer a little by leaving a large amount of cash with the baby. It could have been a donation to support the Catholic Church's efforts to spread false information about condoms among poor people.

Maybe an anonymous gift offered with the baby, say $50,000, would have made the abandoned child an easier pill for the Catholic Church to swallow.

We know they care about money.

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Aww, did the poor Catholic church get a taste of it's own medicine? If abortion is ever again outlawed in this country, I'm going to tell every woman I know to leave her unwanted infant on the doorsteps of church members and clergy, since they would be the ones who would vote such a law into effect.

I feel so sorry for this little mother. She did the best she could with what she knew and they turn around and hunt her down.

Of course they are. The mother committed a terrible sin in the eyes of Kristian Dood NationTM- she had SEX!!! And probably enjoyed it!!! How dare she, the little slut! And so, as they are often wont to do, the church and affiliated asshats must find her and punish her for having Teh Sex, and for not submitting to the consequences (a child she probably couldn't afford) like a good girl.

That's really what it's all about. These dickwads couldn't care less about the welfare of the child, they never do. Nor do they seem to be trying to hunt down the father...

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts

These dickwads couldn't care less about the welfare of the child

This is exactly what I saw as well. Instead they dump the poor little guy into the state welfare / foster system and we end up footing the bill.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Just a follow up: They found the Little mother of this baby, just a kid herself. They are trying to decide if they should charge her or not for child abandonment. So typical. After all she has been through then they hunt her down like a rabid dog and hold her until some useless judge flips a coin. Gawd how I hate the system!

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I recall reading in, I think, The Dark Side of Christian History, that a particualar convent used to kill about 5000 children a week.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

I recall reading in, I think, The Dark Side of Christian History, that a particualar cnvent used to kill about 5000 children a week.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that would be a totally preposterous claim.  If they want to claim 5000 TOTAL, I say maybe (still extremely dubious).  But a 5000 a week clip adds up to 250,000 a year.  I'm guessing this is dark ages Europe, probably?  I doubt the average yearly birth totals in all Europe added to that number.  You would need thousands of assassins scouring the entire continent 24/7 to even approach those numbers.

5000 a week is a Hitlerian number.  There is no way anyone could have pulled that off in non-Modern times.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,828 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
You would need a lot of nuns to eat that many students, and to keep the system flowing some students would have to survive their nun exposure in order to reproduce and create more edible students.

I heard there is a movement to let vegetarians become nuns if they will eat some bread and pretend they are eating actual students that were recently alive.

You know?

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
They may not have eaten them, but they certainly sent a lot of Australia, which is pretty much the same thing.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:farao:

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
WTF? Christians eat dead people every Sunday at church. (This is my body, this is my blood) Bunch of sick mutherfuckers! Canibalistic religions always turned me off. I prefer religions that worship trees and bushes. You know? Fir, Hemlock, Canabis, Peyote.  :snork_lach: :snork_lach: :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I recall reading in, I think, The Dark Side of Christian History, that a particualar cnvent used to kill about 5000 children a week.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that would be a totally preposterous claim.  If they want to claim 5000 TOTAL, I say maybe (still extremely dubious).  But a 5000 a week clip adds up to 250,000 a year.  I'm guessing this is dark ages Europe, probably?  I doubt the average yearly birth totals in all Europe added to that number.  You would need thousands of assassins scouring the entire continent 24/7 to even approach those numbers.

5000 a week is a Hitlerian number.  There is no way anyone could have pulled that off in non-Modern times.

Yeah, that does sound absurd. Maybe I'm misremembering it, I'll have to take a look at the book again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users