Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sites Debunking 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
I don't know if I ever got around to posting these links, but this is the kind of thing I could never have posted on EA without making myself a target.  Being a skeptic is about demanding to be shown evidence, not about jumping to whichever conclusions are convenient to suit your political stance.

Once again, there is no evidence of an inside job behind 9/11.  Here are some sites refuting the claims of these morons.

http://www.911myths.com
http://www.loosechangeguide.com
http://www.debunking911.com
http://www.lolloosechange.co.nr
http://www.lolinfowars.co.nr
http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com

Enjoy.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Critical thinking and atheism ought to be at least loosely associated with each other. For many people it is the use of critical thinking skills that helps to cure them of religious afflictions, some others are lucky enough to be raised free of religiosity, and naturally stay that way because of critical thinking skills.

To adopt a faith-based belief in which conclusions precede a desperate scramble for evidence, as seems the case with some argumentative conspiracy knuts, is to abandon critical thinking and replace it with a shared delusional state.

Certain well known US political leaders may have a great deal of comeuppance due and payable on account, but it is best to focus on actual crimes committed instead of making up new imaginary ones on the fly.

I put a great deal of faith in my observations of what is obvious. I saw what happened on 9/11. I do not need any alternate explanations involving silent black UN helicopters or sooper-seekrit plots. What happened was a devoutly religious act of war conducted by believers in the God of Abraham to kill believers in the God of Abraham in the name of the God of Abraham.

The clear lesson of 9/11 is able to be explained in the simplest of all mathematical equations, addition:
Religion + Technology = Disaster.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Oh please....for the love of God Hank!  Let's not start the whole 9/11 thing here.  We all know where we can find more than enough point/counterpoint on that subject.  I beg you...

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
I think there is little cause for alarm, FlatEarth, as there is nobody taking the pro-conspiracy position.

And it won't be starting here, I don't expect. Nor will it, so to speak.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
This is just for reference, as based on what I've seen so far, I don't expect anyone here to be stupid enough to take the pro-conspiracy side.  So for those who are interested, you can use those sources to start debunking CTs to your friends.

I have about as much regard for people like nunyabiz and Hell Flower as I do for people who claim that the Jews faked the Holocaust.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, I'm still on the fence as far as this so-called conspiracy is concerned. I don't think I'll ever have enough information on my own account to decide one way or the other, but I would dearly love to see Congressional hearings concerning the exact role played (or not played) by the Bush regime in this debacle. Until that happens, I'll reserve judgement on it.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
There are enough actual conspiracys out there that we don't need to Nunyabiz any more. Let's stick to religious conspiracys. They are much more fun and entertaining! :snork_lach:

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
*sniff*

But, but, I WUV my aliens abducted JFK/Men In Black mutilated my cattle/Illuminati run the world from secret underground bases/NASA faked the moon landing theories!!! How will I ever get by without those, smarty pants?

It's all quite simple, you see. I know the REAL truth, the truth THEY don't want you to know, and anyone who disagrees with me is a poopyhead stinkybutt!!! So there!!!  :smt012

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts

Until that happens, I'll reserve judgement on it.

Reserving judgment is a sane and logical response to insufficient data.

I'm inclined to use Occam's Razor in a case like this. Those buildings never once fell before those very large aircraft hit them. End of theory.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

But, but, I WUV my aliens abducted JFK/Men In Black mutilated my cattle/Illuminati run the world from secret underground bases/NASA faked the moon landing theories!!! How will I ever get by without those, smarty pants?

That's what I said, "religious conspiracys" :snork_lach:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
Keep in mind that a conspiracy is defined as two or more people getting together to commit a crime.  There was technically a 'conspiracy' surrounding 9/11 that always gets ignored by conspiracy theorists, specifically that the Bush administration exploited the events after they had already happened in order to gain justification and support for invading Iraq.  However there is no evidence that they caused or perpetrated the attacks themselves.  Another thing to keep in mind is that if you wait long enough with your head buried in the sand, something bad will eventually happen.  The outgoing Clinton administration desperately tried to warn Bush that the fight against terrorism would take up more of his time than any other issue.  But what did Bush do?  He focused on his "Star Wars" missile defense system, as if that would actually accomplish anything.

I'd also like to bring up a point that has been raised by Michael Moore.  The number of people killed on 9/11 was actually quite small when you consider how many people die every year from other causes, such as car accidents, diseases, or violent crime.  It's just that there's a fundamental flaw in human thinking, where when people see something big or important being destroyed at once, they jump to the conclusion that something big had to have caused it.

It reminds me of when creationists say that every cause must be greater than its effect, which simply isn't true.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I still wonder about building 7, but I'll wait 'till the movie comes out, I guess. Whether the neocons had an active or passing hand in the tragedy, I expect they'll get clean away with it. Too bad there's not really a Hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users