Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gay Bishop Calls for Tolerance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
What could possibly be more ironic, more inherently hilarious, more filled with mental gymnastics than a Christian bishop calling for tolerance?

I mean, HELLO? We are talking about what is arguably the bloodiest religion in the history of mental disorders. I can't cite any studies or statistics, but where is there a religion that can even begin to compare to Christianity in terms of the important religious metrics like body count and heathen cultures destroyed?

I mean, let's face it, Christianity invented genocide. They turned mere murder into a pious act, a sacramental ritual, a doorway to heaven.

So here we have this gay man, I'm sure he is a very nice person, asking Christianity to give up it's holiest activity of all: condemnation.

Surely condemning others to Hell is the central core of Xianity. Nothing is more important than being holier than. As such, Christianity has always needed a fresh supply of others to be the ones that are unholy, evil, bad, spawn of Satan. For us gay folks, we're up, it's our turn to be Satan personified.

Bishop whatever his name is can be very proud of his own tenacity and perseverance, but if he thinks he can paint a human face on the biggest hate machine in history he has many disappointments in his future.

I wish him well though. At least he personally is not a hate monger, despite his religious affliction.

See the news here.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
A gay bishop? Who ever heard of such a thing?

Of course the only reason he's calling for "tolerance" is because he himself is gay. I notice he's not calling for tolerance for atheists, or abortion doctors, or Wiccans, or any of the many other groups the RCC hates.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

A gay bishop? Who ever heard of such a thing?

Of course the only reason he's calling for "tolerance" is because he himself is gay. I notice he's not calling for tolerance for atheists, or abortion doctors, or Wiccans, or any of the many other groups the RCC hates.

Point taken, and oh so true.

Jinny the Squinny

Jinny the Squinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Bishop Vicky is Episcopal. That means he's part of the "Anglican Communion". Apart from some noteable exceptions the Anglican communion is known for its ecumenicalism, social awareness, "liberalism" and tolerance (once we got over that whole lady vicar thing). He's not the only gay bishop we've got, and he's certainly not the only "out" member of the clergy.

It has produced many noteably and generally tolerant clerics such as Vicky, John Robinson (author of Honest to God, coincidentally former Bishop of Woolwich, the area I live in.), Spong and the current Archbishop of Canterbury... off the top of my head. I could go on and on...

Indeed, we've even had open agnostics and atheists in our ranks. They make excellent clergy. :roll:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

but where is there a religion that can even begin to compare to Christianity in terms of the important religious metrics like body count and heathen cultures destroyed?

I heard about this fellow, Diego de Landa, last night on the History channel. He committed a heinous crime against humanity by burning every scrap of Mayan writings he could find. I sometimes wish there really were a hell, so bastards like this could burn there for their crimes - but, alas, no such luck!

We found a large number of books in these characters and, as they contained nothing in which were not to be seen as superstition and lies of the devil, we burned them all, which they (the Maya) regretted to an amazing degree, and which caused them much affliction.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America

Indeed, we've even had open agnostics and atheists in our ranks. They make excellent clergy.  :roll:

Especially if you want people who actually know their way around scripture. :Happy:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Posted Image

:study: [smilie=giggle.gif]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users