Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Groundhog Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

The groundhog came to the Forum to see what he could see
All he saw were friends just like you and me
No gloomy shadows will in the Forum ever appear
Just lots of fun and facts and always good cheer

GROUNDHOG

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
I love Groundhog, especially in a cream gravy with a few candied baby carrots. DELICIOUS! :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
I hate it when the shotgun pellets get caught between my teeth.

lady

lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Crock Pot Coyote

2-4 lbs of coyote meat
16 oz of apricot preserves
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 purple onion diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Throw it all in a crock pot and let it cook for 8 hours.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,826 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Speaking of Coyote Tales and Coyote Tails, we had an unusual case here round about last week.

It seems a lady was walking her small 4lb dog on a leash near the local DMV office, perhaps a mile or less from our house. A coyote jumped up on her back and knocked her down, then ran away with her little dog.

Apparently the dog became dinner.

I often drive through the area where this attack took place, it is immediately adjacent to the Palm Springs International Airport. A small stretch of open, undeveloped desert is mostly populated with creosote bushes.  I've seen a coyote crossing the  road here on several occasions. I believe it has been the same coyote each time. He looks healthy and well fed. There are two supermarkets less than a half mile away, plus condos and houses.

They say if a coyote knocks you down and steals your puppy in February it is an omen of bad news, that's the tie in with Groundhog Day.  I did not want to make the subject drift.

Coyote Story

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Well, it's certainly not good news for the little dog!

Ah, yes, Groundhog Day - I enjoyed the movie, one of the few Bill Murray movies I've liked.

Maybe if we get 6 more weeks of winter it'll help alleviate golbal warming?

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
NOOOOOO!!! NO MORE WINTER, FOR THE LOVE OF AMBIGUOUS DEITY, PLEASE!!!!

I'm getting a little sick of single digits temps. I'm still waiting for the 3 feet of snow we got 2 months ago to melt. We've had above-freezing temps here for 2 days in the past month, and I haven't seen the ground since then. Make it stop!!!

(It's -5 degrees outside right now. Ain't no global warming happening in CO yet. :snork_lach:)

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest

A coyote jumped up on her back and knocked her down, then ran away with her little dog.

Belle and I were out of town that weekend and we can prove it. Besides, Belle doesn't like the taste of dog. She says it tastes like  :snork_hams:chicken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users