Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Superbowl Sunday Prayer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
On this, the Holiest of all Sundays in America, I would like to give thanks to the God of football who by his power has created the day of the lowest christian church attendance of the year. (CAN I HEAR AN AMEN?!) I would also like to give thanks to the mightiest of all Gods, he who we call "Budwiser" for providing our mot precious bodily fluid that during the half time show the water generated by the royal flushings is equal to the amount of water going over Niagra falls for 37 minutes. May we all give thanks to the God of Commercials for providing us with rich and humorous entertainment which is typically much better than the game. And lastly I would like to give thanks to the God of halftime for bringing us such entertainment as Brittany Spears, Justin (gag) Timberlake, Janet (saggytit) Jackson and this years entertainer "Prince" formerly known as "Prince" Because when I think FOOTBALL, I think "Prince". Remember not to drink and drve as you may spill your beer and if it all seems too much switch over to the animal planet and watch the "Puppybowl" (which is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.) :snork_lach:

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
wOW... Did anyone notice Billy Joel's dad singing the national anthem?  I had no idea such talent ran in the family.  He looks damn good for a man his age.  Too bad they couldn't get Billy...but I think the elder Mr Joel did the family proud, no?

Posted Image

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,719 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
Wow, football and I'm actually in the room in which it is being viewed.

Normally there would be no football on TV in my home, but another family member wanted to see the game. 

Lots of rain.  I saw the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince.  He was wet.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Now that the commercials are over, oh . . and the game too. I have come away with a slight sense of nausea. Listening to football coaches praise God for their success is about as sickening as it gets. Wouldn't you think the creator of all things, master of time and space and all life, would have better things to do than look down from heaven and provide his dvining powers to help a bunch of egotistical felons win something as insignificant as a football game? Don't get me wrong, I love sports. But it would be extremely hard for me to believe that a God would have any influence over a game. Does that mean God didn't like the Bears? I just find it amusing when athletes thank God when they score but say nothing when they miss or lose. Oh well it's just a sign of the times.

Seti

Seti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
We've started adopting that US thing of having some bozo sing the national anthem as a solo. WTF? National anthems are designed to be sung by a vast crowd of tone-deaf drunks who regard it as a race to get to the end first. They sound stupid when someone tries to make them sound like a proper song.

But the whole thing about prayer and sports - isn't that what their god is for? To give you an edge? Check your horoscope, take your right sock off three times before you put your boot on, and pray.

There's a Brit athlete, Jonathan Edwards, who used to be a triple-jumper (held the world record in '95) He was well-known as a committed xian (his father was a vicar) who on one occasion refused to compete on Sundays - until the Lord appeared to him in a dream and told him it was OK. Since he retired he's been presenting a xian programme on TV. He's just announced that he can't continue because he no longer beleives in it! One by one, rational thought gets 'em!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users