Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gay Lutheran Pastor Defrocked For Having Partner

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
As Action news will report tonight, a gay Lutheran pastor has been sent packing for having a partner.

(story)

Interesting is the apparent fact that both his congregation and the Church board that followed official bigotry policy still say they support him. 

The Fundies, of course, stirred up all of this anti-gay shit in the last 15 years or so, ever since the Repugnicans announced their merger with the Jeebus industry in 1992.

Now what we see is that ordinary, peace-loving citizens who are not driven by a desperate need to condemn other people are rejecting the teachings of right-wing Jeebustarian professionals.

It's obvious that Lutherans give a great deal of thought to the issue of gay pastors having sex. I wonder if they worry just as much about heterosexual pastors having sex?

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
Lutherans (watered down catholics) are too anal anyway. He should slide over to the Methodists and spew his bullshit over there. They'll accept anybody.  Even crazy homos and Injuns. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
Well, I think we are lucky that we don't have any crazy homo Injuns here, because I think that might be a reach even for a Methodist.

Crazy homos are one thing, and Injuns running with scissors is another thing, but imagine being chased by a crazy homo Injun running with scissors.  That's scary enough for a teen movie!

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
My first wife (The Antichrist) and I were married in a Lutheran Church. The little office next to the sacrificial altar was where my best man and I waited for the beast to walk down the aisle. The fuqing office had steel bars on the windows. I realized there had to be something of value in there so I looked around and found the safe. We tried to open it but then the wedding started and we never got a chance to finish. "The Lord helps those that help themselves!" was what my old man use to say. :snork_lach:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
It was the Repugnican National Convention. For the first time I could see how they were using fear of gay people to try to gain power. It was a revelation to me.  It deeply affected the course of my life.  I stayed up all that night writing the best short story that I ever wrote, granted a minor distinction.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Lutherans (watered down catholics) are too anal anyway. He should slide over to the Methodists and spew his bullshit over there. They'll accept anybody.  Even crazy homos and Injuns. :snork_lach:

Didn't I hear that Bush is a Methodist? I guess you're tight, then WC, they'll accept anyone!

Ah, here's a link I just found:
http://www.angelfire...-methodist.html

In a exceptional display of candor, the United Methodist News Service distanced the denomination from Dubya in the wake of the election debacle and went so far as to even point out his political views are more akin to those of the staunch conservative Southern Baptist Convention.

I guess they don't like him much, either.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts
I too have heard it said that Our Glorious Christian Leader is a Methodist.  I also once heard that Richard M Nixon was a Quaker.  So much for membership in a religion.

FlatEarth1024

FlatEarth1024

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

The occupant in the white house is insane.  (I can't bear to call him my president.)

I've been thinking about our GCL lately, on a psychological slant.  You have so many factors at play here... greed, megalomania, lust for power, religious mania, social intolerance... boy, its really hard to figure out which is the gas can and which is the match.  But I wonder now about the Christian part of GCL.  Seems to me that ever since November 7, he and the God Squad haven't been too cozy.

No.  I've come to the conclusion that Gorgeous George is about two things...money and power, in alternating order depending on his mood.  The religion is a sham.  He's the kind who only prays when the cameras are rolling.  The whole religious thing is fairly recent with him and was his tool of choice to curry public backing of his war agenda.

Think about it.  Since 11/7, you don't see religious maniacs strewn all over the South Lawn anymore.  They failed him, and now it no longer amuses him to have them around.  They no longer offer him an advantage.  Makes sense.  As his esteemed predecessor Michael Corleone once said "It's not personal, Sonny.  It's strictly business."

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
Can't blame the Methodists for not wanting to be associated with the shrub. They are a fairly liberal bunch. However, if you want to talk about religious clout the Methodists have the largest "lobbying" group in DC. As a matter of fact if you look at "government square" in Washington DC it is totally surrounded with government buildings with one exception . . You guest it  "The United Methodist Headquarters"  :snork_lach:

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Seems to me that ever since November 7, he and the God Squad haven't been too cozy.

I'm merely speculating here, but it just might be that Curious George no longer needs his Christian sheeple because he's about to garner the next increase in his power through some other means, like perhaps martial law and the suspension of the Constitution.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,621 posts

...increase in his power through some other means, like perhaps martial law and the suspension of the Constitution.

Maybe in his wet dreams, but Our Glorious Christian Leader has already experienced the peak of his power. Word is buzzing through the crowd now that people have figured it out.  Our Glorious Christian Leader is losing it, and even Darth Cheney can't prop him up now.

And Darth is busy being charged with some of his treasonous crimes, like revealing the identity of a secret agent, so against the law if mere citizens do it, but Darth did.

There is not much more we need to worry about from Darth or Our Glorious Christian Leader, it is time for them to be worrying now.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
I think Dubya and the Darth are on the ropes as well. They may want to sacrifice another 20000 but I don't think any congressman or woman who is looking for re-election has the balls to sign the check. I won't say he won't get his way, but he will have one hell of a fight doing it and he must know he is gambling the entire republican party if he does.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Like I keep saying, it's not Bush you have to worry about, because the fact of the matter is that it's not the president who runs the country.  It's the American people.  The fact that so many bible-humping fanatical fucknuts voted for Bush is what you have to be worried about.  They're the ones who originate the kinds of views he stands for, or the policies he puts in place.  Even when Bush is out of office, they'll still be around stirring up shit.

Lutherans... I went to a Lutheran private school when I was a kid.  Lutherans aren't watered-down Catholics.  They HATE Catholics, from what I've heard.  I didn't get that impression when I was there, since the school tended towards more liberal religious views, but the story does not surprise me.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
The lutheans still cling to a lot of the catholic trappings, collars and such but they wanted their preists to be able to get a little nooky now and then so they allow them to marry. Oh sure they say they hate the catholics but it's because they are so much alike. Now methodists, they like anybody ($$$$) and baptists really do think catholics are idol worshippers. I think a lot of the religious intolerance varies from church to church and geographical location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users