Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Obama makes it official.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
This will be the man I will work for. I like his ideas and his ideals. He is a fresh breath of air in a field of cronies. I think this country needs some changes and I believe he could be the catalyst. And the most important reason, he actually listens. Something we haven't had in the white house in many years.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Woo-hoo!

I like him the most, though I have to admit it'd still be pretty darn hilarious if Hillary were elected.  (Now just watch the republicans make asses of themselves by making fun of his name.)

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California

(Now just watch the republicans make asses of themselves by making fun of his name.)

This prediction seems inevitably true.  Plus we all know they'll have some subtle, obnoxious new disguises for their racism too.

TopHat

TopHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationSouthern Canada
I'd like to see the lesser evil in power. I'll admit that, it would be better to have one democrat and a conservative instead of a republican and a conservative.

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
As it stands now, if Our Glorious Christian Leader and Darth were both unable to perform their duties it would fall to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.  This is carved in stone in our Constitution.

It should be done as it was with Nixon.  It was obvious that Spiro Agnew was too slimy to be President, so they got rid of him before impeaching The Nixon. Thus we must first imprison Darth Cheney for his war crimes and his treason in the Plame matter, then remove the infestation from the White House using a Constitutional bug spray.

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
Another reason to like Obama:

http://www.time.com/...1627031,00.html

Whereas other candidates like to throw red meat before their audiences, Obama is developing a penchant for hurling cold water at them.

It may not be all that unusual for a Democrat to castigate automakers in an environmental speech. But when Obama did the castigating, it was in front of the Detroit Economic Club. Nor did he help his chances of winning the endorsements of the city's big unions by asserting that any aid Washington gives the automakers for their soaring health-care costs should be tied to improving fuel efficiency.

"We anticipated that there weren't necessarily going to be a lot of applause lines in that speech. It was sort of an eat-your-spinach approach," Obama conceded when I asked him about the stony silence that greeted his address. "But one thing I did say to people was that I wasn't going to make an environmental speech in California and then make a different speech in Detroit."

That kind of conspicuous candor has been part of Obama's campaign since his announcement tour in February. When a questioner at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, wanted to know whether he would cut the military budget to make room for other priorities, Obama answered, "Actually, you'll probably see an initial bump in military spending in an Obama Administration" to replace the equipment that has been depleted by the Iraq war and build up the size of the active forces. When a teacher asked him about the No Child Left Behind law that is so unpopular with educators and their unions, Obama agreed that it "left the money behind." But while he endorsed higher pay for teachers, Obama also talked about "the things that were good about No Child Left Behind," including more accountability. By then, his listeners were shifting in their chairs.

Regarding Social Security, the social program enshrined like no other in the theology of the Democratic base, Obama has said he is open to such politically heretical ideas as upping the retirement age and raising payroll taxes to shore up the system. Before black audiences, Obama regularly condemns violent and misogynist rap lyrics and chastises African Americans for disenfranchising themselves by not voting. In March, Obama caused some consternation among Jewish leaders by saying, "No one is suffering more than the Palestinian people." Given the chance to disavow that comment during a debate, Obama merely clarified it, saying the fuller context included an assertion that this suffering was the result of "the failure of the Palestinian leadership."

You want a straight-talker?  That's a straight-talker.

Note: Heh, I can't believe time.com allows full access to an article they just released. :D

The Force

The Force

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationThe Final Frontier
Whoa! A politician with a spine? I'll be following this guy closely. He'll be getting lots of votes from people who appreciate not being talked down to but rather treated like intelligent adults.

Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

As it stands now, if Our Glorious Christian Leader and Darth were both unable to perform their duties it would fall to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.  This is carved in stone in our Constitution.

It should be done as it was with Nixon.  It was obvious that Spiro Agnew was too slimy to be President, so they got rid of him before impeaching The Nixon. Thus we must first imprison Darth Cheney for his war crimes and his treason in the Plame matter, then remove the infestation from the White House using a Constitutional bug spray.

That's exactly what my hero, Dennis Kucinich, is attempting to do.

It used to be "anyone but Bush", but now I think it'll be "anyone but a Republican", especially the current crop. I could almost tolerate Ron Paul, but he's not a Republican. The rest are scum of the Earth!

So whichever Democrat wins the primaries will get my vote, even if it's Clinton, though I question her sincerity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users