Welcome to Ain't No God
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

religious emails from relatives

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lisa Simpson

Lisa Simpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a sister-in-law, who sends me religious emails. She works on the assumption that everybody is Christian. She lives in Northern California and I don't see her very often, so maybe she doesn't know that I'm not Christian. Previously, she sent me the "girl avoided being raped by angels" email. That one really pissed me off. However, she also sends political stuff that is too right wing for me. The latest missive included these pics-

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

One of these days, I am going to snap and tell her exactly what I think of her stupid religion and her stupid politics. BTW, I'm not looking for advice, I just wanted to rant.  :Smiley:

Ungodly

Ungodly

Has Equal Rights

• Administrators
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
It was a good rant too!

Is there some sort of hardwired link in the brain between the dumbass region and the loudmouth region?  Anecdotal evidence suggests there may be a correlation of some sort.

The White Coyote

The White Coyote

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationThe Great Northwest
My only unsolicited advice would be to choose your battles well. If it isn't worth alienating a member of your family, perhaps several, then maybe just deleting the crap would be prudent. I know it's irritating but that's what we are here for. We are on your side and willing to listen to your rant in order to keep the peace. Just chalk it up to the fact that she's a dork and let it go. :snork_lach:

Frozenwolf150

Frozenwolf150

Formerly Silentknight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationDivided States of America
What TWC said.  Just because people are your relatives doesn't preclude them from being irritating or dense.  If you are still intent on sending a reply back, I'd recommend showing her a transcript of the First Amendment to the Constitution, which is the basis for separation of church and state (and guarantees free speech, how about that?) or the Treaty of Tripoli, which clearly states that the United States is not a Christian nation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users